Help me.. !! Unusual Vista problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hp.laptop

Right off the assembly line
Hi guys,
I'm using Windows Vista Ultimate with 1GB RAM and a Dual Core processor.
Yesterday evening when there was a power cut my UPS didnt function, so my system abruptly switched off.. :(:(

Then when I switched it on today I was welcomed with the login screen, but when I clicked my user account there was only a black screen along with a mouse pointer. I opened the Task manager using [ctrl] + [shift] + [esc] I found that explorer was not loaded. So I selected "New Task(Run..)" then opened Explorer. Unfortunately it ran in vista basic theme. When I checked the theme dialog I found that there were only the basic versions of some 2 or 3 themes installed. And also after this chaos none of the videos play, i.e. I dont get the video but only the audio (I tried all the possible players VLC, Media Player Classic, WMP... etc but its the same). I tried restarting the computer, restarting in safe mode, restarting in "Last known good configuration" mode, but its the same black screen with a mouse pointer. :evil::evil::evil:

I use NOD32 anti-virus, and when I scan the full system for virus, after some 3 or 4 mins I get a BSOD, I get the same BSOD even when defragmenting the drives(tried defragmenting using both default MS defragmenter and also Disk Perfect software) :( :-|

I tried chkdsk, "Scan disk for errors" option in the partition properties dialog, sfc /scannow option in cmd also, they all showed no errors. I also tried the memory test in the boot screen of vista even that showed no errors. :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Please help me gurus..

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

dreams

Gracias Senor
try to re-install the VGA driver..since your computer shutted down abruptly, there is a possible reason the VGA driver got corrupted. Try re-installing the driver.

OP
H

hp.laptop

thanks for the replies dreams, mrintech and Dr. tweaker,
I updated the mobo drivers and also my 7600GT's graphic drivers to version 178.24 .. But the problem still exists... :( :-(

mrintech

Technomancer
I think due to this sudden power failure in your house, either of your Hard Drive or some part of your Mobo has been damaged.

Try calling a Technician

UPDATE

Checkout some posts here:

* *forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2805226&SiteID=17

* *www.fixya.com/support/t1187258-black_screen_only_mouse_pointer

* Google: *www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=black+screen+with+a+mouse+pointer&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&oq=

mrintech

Technomancer
check the update above

Update

Check out: *exploringourmatrix.blogspot.com/2007/12/vista-black-screen-after-login.html

Otherwise VG can help

Last edited:
OP
H

hp.laptop

PROBLEM SOLVED... Thanks mrintech... I followed the link you PM-ed : *exploringourmatrix.blogspot.com/2007/12/vista-black-screen-after-login.html

Thank you!! :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom