help me to upgrade my old pc to decent gaming pc.

sainath

Android Addicted
hi guys, I want to upgrade my PC to play some high graphics games. like-GTA4, Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3, FIFA 12, Battlefield 3, Assassins Creed 2 & Revelations, Crysis 2, etc...

My old PC has following specifications-
Processor: Intel Pentium Dual Core E2200 @2.20Ghz
RAM: 2GB DDR2
MOTHER BOARD: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L

If I add ATI Radeon HD 6670 GPU 1 GB DDR3 graphics card & 2GB more DDR2 RAM then it is able to play these games?
My budget is 7.5k.
ATI Radeon HD 6670 GPU 1 GB DDR3 graphics card is for Rs5.2k & 2GB DDR2 RAM is for Rs.1.2k.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Well you can add a 6670 graphics card but that cpu is a little weak and not a gaming cpu. Still you can play the above games at low to medium settings at 720p or below resolutions.

Just get the GDDR5 version of 6670 as they have only a 128 bit bus and will perform better with faster memory. Don't get the ddr3 one.

Btw what psu do you have?

OP
sainath

sainath

Android Addicted
^^ Well you can add a 6670 graphics card but that cpu is a little weak and not a gaming cpu. Still you can play the above games at low to medium settings at 720p or below resolutions.

Just get the GDDR5 version of 6670 as they have only a 128 bit bus and will perform better with faster memory. Don't get the ddr3 one.

Btw what psu do you have?

My PC have "iBall LPE223-400 (250 W) power supply".

Alok

Adventurer
^FSP SAGA ii 500w for approx. 2.2k.

If you don't have bugget no need to upgrade ram for now . Just get gpu and psu.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@ sainath

Although 6670 requires no additional pci-e power connector, that iball psu is not at all recommended. Getting the CX 430-v2 is recommended for future upgrades as well.

Get that and a 6670 gddr5 version. You can add ram later or better still get a new cpu+mobo+ ddr3 ram combo down the line.

Sam777

Broken In
My PC have "iBall LPE223-400 (250 W) power supply".

Don't use that psu with any card even if it does not require a pci-e connector.I damaged my mobo with that psu once.better get fsp saga II 500w or Corsair cx430v2 for Rs.2200.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
instead of spending money on ram upgrade, upgrade your PSU. cheapest option should be FSP Saga II 400W else go for Corsair CX430W V2.

for GPU, try to get the MSI HD6670 dual fan edition.

Pratik Pawar

Gaming for challenge
Besides upgradin ur GPU & Ram.. also u shud change da CPU...
ur current cpu wont keep pace wit da GPU & ram...
Why dont u checkout a NVidia GPU, besides ATI?..

Top Bottom