Help me to Run linux under windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

ninad_xpress

Broken In
You can now run linux under windows. There is no specific software to run but there are some linux distributions which runs from windows natively. There may be linux package compatibility issues but I have not tried it.
If you want to run windows from linux or mac there is a software named Crossover. Have a look at it.

Here are some linux distributions which allows users to run linux from windows. Have a look at them :
*topologi-linux.sourceforge.net/
*www.colinux.org/

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
ninad_xpress said:
If you want to run windows from linux or mac there is a software named Crossover. Have a look at it.
crossover is only for mac and it does not run windows on a mac but runs windows applications on a mac ;) for running windows on a mac there are softwares like parallels and boot camp ;)

for running linux on windows u dont need any software most linux distros are live cds which means u put in the cd and boot from the cd rom u will go into linux (no need to install)

now if u want to go a step more u can try virtual pc that will allow u to run and install linux from windows itsef in the true sense (desktop in a desktop)

gauravsuneja

macaddict
yaar use wubi best hai to install ubuntu and u can uninstall it if u want from ad remove parogarms adn u don't don't have to partition ur drive .i do everyday

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Eh...? you run ubuntu as a windows app? I dont think its possible...

Microsoft Virtual PC/VMWare is very good, easy to use. Maybe thats what you mean?

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Eh...? you run ubuntu as a windows app? I dont think its possible...
He doesn't mean he runs it as a windows application, but he has installed it as one and can remove via the Add/Remove, as you would do for any other application there. Moreover, it installs on the NTFS partition.

Read up on Wubi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom