help me to plan my education/career path

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
well i'm a class 10 CBSE student and i want to become a software engineer/programmer/coder/whatever OR a game developer(the one which creates art assets)
but i figured becoming a good coder is the stepping stone to GD'ing
about me
well i'm not exactly a "maths genius" i.e for me algebra in all its forms seems tough,i'm good with geometry/proofs,stats/probability etc.i have good knowledge of C though i'm no expert
i'm a physics geek too but chemistry is a bit though for me
also i have good creative skills(sketching,digital art) so i can even work as a concept artist(but who would hire an indian concept artist?)
grades(average)
english :A1(91-100)
maths : B2(61-70)
science :A2(81-90)
S.ST : A2(81-90)
French : B2(61-70)/C1(51-60)
what subject to take in 11th/12th?
B.sc or B.com? or is there any good computer science subjects apart from shitty B.a?
what to do AFTER 12th to become software engineer?
i'm a noob.enlighten me

what about foreign education?
like studying in the US of A.what kinds of entrance exams are therewhat are the minimum marks i should get in 12th?

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
Well your maths seems to be weak. If you want to become a game developer you must work on your logic skills, although maths is required but it is not that important as logic is. You must be very fluent with all industry level tools which are used to make games and create concept art. 11th and 12th are different from class 10 and are very open, you will require some solid effort to score well in topics like physics and chemistry.

AcceleratorX

Youngling
Science is naturally the best stream to go for if you want to study Computer Science/Coding. Commerce will do if you take mathematics, you can still do the B.Sc/BCA and become a developer.

Don't take arts if you are interested in computer related work. Indian artists are working in top studios around the world, so don't worry about that at least.

krazylearner

poor little me
well i'm a class 10 CBSE student and i want to become a software engineer/programmer/coder/whatever OR a game developer(the one which creates art assets)
but i figured becoming a good coder is the stepping stone to GD'ing

That is great .Simple path to follow

forget about programming for now

study good your 11th and 12th .I am mean study hard.

Get a good rank in competition exam so that you can get computer science in good college .

Then learn computer related stuff .

You know at 10th 11th and 12th computer is taught so that you can get good marks in your board .It has nothing to do with your passion for programming .Real computer programming began at college level.

there are two reasons for this

1. First of all many concepts in computer science and programming have roots in 11 and 12 level maths.

2. You need to be with good programmers so that you can assess yourself and good programmers are mostly found in good colleges.

chemistry is a bit though for me

This sucks for every other programmer that is why they are programmers not chemical engineers.

also i have good creative skills(sketching,digital art) so i can even work as a concept artist(but who would hire an indian concept artist?)

designing is important part of software development and most of us lack it.
what to do AFTER 12th to become software engineer?

This i answered in first few lines of my post.

what about foreign education?

forget about it now . you don't know what is going to happen in future . so just forget about it for now.

Top Bottom