Help me to choose a laptop urgent

shivang330

Broken In
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
rs. 50000

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
d. Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen

3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: Acer, HP, Dell, Sony
b. Dislike: Asus

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?

Gaming, programming( Java)

5) What screen resolution(s) & type (glossy/matte) would you prefer?

1366*768
6) Anything else you would like to say?

I stay in Ahmedabad, so can you tell me about stores and locations where i can buy it.

requirements:

1. 1gb DDR5 graphics card, if not possible then 1 gb DDR3 will do
2. core i5,i7 3nd gen, and 4 gb ram or higher

help me out buddies, I have set eyes on lenovo 59-315960. but i dont want a 2gb ddr3 graphics card, as at 1366*768 res. the extra graphics ram would be of no use. instead a 1gb ddr5 one would give much better results.

I need urgent answers,

Does anyone have any ill experience with Dell? Plz Reply me ffs...

krishna.22992

Broken In
friend i would suggest you to choose another model in lenovo itself

z580

core i5-3210 3rd gen
4gb ram
2 gb graphics card
500 gb hdd

price:- 46990

and if you are student get 3 yrs warranty too...

har

In the zone
Samsung np550p. Perfect for both gaming and programming(more real estate due to higher 1600*900 resolution)

Check out this thread:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/laptops-netbooks/159661-samsung-series-5-550p-laptops-thread.html

Usui1811

uıɐƃɐ ʇou 'ʇıɥs ɥo
Check out for Samsung 550p, Dell Inspiron 14R/15R (Special Edition), HP dv6 7012tx and lenovo z580.

Do look out for the first two (better GPU).

vkl

Cyborg Agent
Get the Samsung np550p.It has the best dGPU for
gaming in that rice range as of now.
Plus it has matte screen and a resolution of 1600x900.

krishna.22992

Broken In
friend

samsung is good in its spec...and no one knows anout its performance when years passes by..

so i dont suggest samsung..

better go for
dell, sony, lenovo

dell-
ll lose your battery after 1 year of constant usage but ASS is best in its class

sony

it has some heating issues..
costly

lenovo

at present india's no.1
has tons of extra features that others dont have...lik ( you can adjust the fan speed based on your req...
switch on graphic card by external switch when needed thereby increasing the battery time usage
one key home theatre

gunner_kanishk

Journeyman
Lol @ the dude suggesting Lenovo. xD

For that price you can better specs from the Dell Inspiron range. :|

Buy the Samsung 550p i5 model, it is just way too good. :D

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
and no one knows anout its performance when years passes by..
lenovo
at present india's no.1
has tons of extra features that others dont have...lik ( you can adjust the fan speed based on your req...
switch on graphic card by external switch when needed thereby increasing the battery time usage
one key home theatre

what one has to do with which company is holding no.1 position. Good performance, build and ASS is all one should care about and not "i have a laptop from Yndia's no.1 rated laptop company" :|

and about the samsung you mean the processor will become i3 from an i5 in a year and in next year will turn into a Intel atom? or that the GPU will become a GT610 from 650? don't act like a retard. If you don't know something, learn.

and about ton of features, fan speed, graphics switching are present in other laptops too. mayn't be a hardware switch but application profiles.

dell-
ll lose your battery after 1 year of constant usage but ASS is best in its class

you have any idea how to use a laptop?

sony

LOL :|

har

In the zone
friend

samsung is good in its spec...and no one knows anout its performance when years passes by..

so i dont suggest samsung..

better go for
dell, sony, lenovo

dell-

sony

costly

lenovo

at present india's no.1
one key home theatre

Stop looking at brands and buy the best laptop available.
And extra features ....WTF !! You can easily assign software profiles to do that. And why on earth do you need a manual graphics switch when software like optimus does it better ?

And most of the brands use components from asus,samsung and hitachi.
And Samsung has been making laptops for YEARS !! And are considered the most reliable after Apple by pcworld surveys.

gunner_kanishk

Journeyman
Stop looking at brands and buy the best laptop available.
And extra featyres ....WTF !! You can easily assign software profiles to do that. And why on earth do you need a manual graphics switch when software like optimus does it better ?

And most of the brands use components from asus,samsung and hitachi.
And Samsung has been making laptops for YEARS !! And are considered the most reliable after Apple by pcworld surveys.

He thinks Lenovo is India's number 1. Let him be. :lol:

And are these JBL speakers amazing or what :mrgreen:

har

In the zone
@krishna.22992--So the components in a samsung laptop will self explode after a year but the same components in a more "RELIABLE company" like HP will survive the apocalypse !! :p

He thinks Lenovo is India's number 1. Let him be. :lol:

And are these JBL speakers amazing or what :mrgreen:

Those JBL's are uber AWESOME !! :twisted:

Top Bottom