Help me to choose a good Mother Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

aksharatg

Broken In
Guys,
I am planning to assemble a new PC. I have decided to go with "AMD Phenom II 965 X4 AM3" CPU.

Also I am planning to go for "Radeon HD 5570" graphics card (as i am not an avid gamer :smile: ) .

Please help me to select a good mother board for the above CPU & GPU combination.

My budget for the Mother board is in the range 3750 rupees to 5000 rupees (max).

Thank you,

Regards,
Akshara.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Guys,
I am planning to assemble a new PC. I have decided to go with "AMD Phenom II 965 X4 AM3" CPU.

Also I am planning to go for "Radeon HD 5570" graphics card (as i am not an avid gamer :smile: ) .

Please help me to select a good mother board for the above CPU & GPU combination.

My budget for the Mother board is in the range 3750 rupees to 5000 rupees (max).

Thank you,

Regards,
Akshara.

well your system looks out of balance. such a power hungry cpu & only 5k mobo or maybe less? can you specify the whole config you decided? including monitor.

OP
A

aksharatg

Broken In
Guys,
Thanks for the swift reply....
I am looking for a DirectX 11 capable graphics solution. I could not find any mother board with DirectX 11 IGP. As I am not a avid gamer, I thought of choosing Radeon HD 5570 graphics card.
Since I would be having the graphics card, the mother board need not have on-board IGP.

I am okie with increasing my budget for my mother board, if it is going to offer performance benefits... So please suggest a best mother board (for AMD Phenom II 965 X4 AM3) with good price to performance ratio.

- Akshara.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
thats a total injustice to the CPU- better get some good board for 8-10k of 790gx/fx or 890gx(newest) based board.

yah. thats what i was telling.

Guys,
Thanks for the swift reply....
I am looking for a DirectX 11 capable graphics solution. I could not find any mother board with DirectX 11 IGP. As I am not a avid gamer, I thought of choosing Radeon HD 5570 graphics card.
Since I would be having the graphics card, the mother board need not have on-board IGP.

I am okie with increasing my budget for my mother board, if it is going to offer performance benefits... So please suggest a best mother board (for AMD Phenom II 965 X4 AM3) with good price to performance ratio.

- Akshara.

better get X4 955. 965 price kind of high. & in some places it comes really close to i5 750.

minimum is MSI 785G-E53 @ 5.5k. still i'll suggest you get one of these boards:

MSI 790GX-G65 AM3 @ 7.1k ---> support crossfireX.
DFI LANPARTY BI 785G-M35 @ 7k.

also a motherboard without IGP will always be cheap. board based on AMD 770, 790X are available below 6k. but board based on 790FX. top of the line AMD chipset costs 9k+.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom