Help me to buy an UPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

svenkat83

Journeyman
APC(American Power Conversion).
Its a huge hit my friend and its good too.Go for it.
Price is around Rs.3000.
My friend bought APC UPS for Rs.2850.I guess it was 500VA.

theraven

Technomancer
yeah thats the 500VA
APC is the best if u want the best
its a lil expensive than other brands tho
i still suggest APC
peace of mind !

theraven

Technomancer
600va starts from 5k as far as i know
as for vguard
never heard of it
if u do wanna go for anything but an APC then id suggest a microtek i think
im still not very sure as i wouldnt recommend anything but APC... no matter what components u have in ur comp .. atleast u can give it the best security

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
600va start from 1999-microtek + 2yrs warranty,they start around 1650.
800va(most probable) generic-3k

TheMask

@ TechEnclave
Powercom 600VA are supposedly good too. Infact, Powercom is the 2nd largest UPS company in the world. Next to APC. They have a 600VZ UPS in the sub-3k range.

I wudnt suggest V-Guard UPS though. have heard some problems about them.

microcray

Right off the assembly line
I bot my APC four years back and i havnt had a single problem. And Just recently my battery expired and I had to replace it. You wud have to replace the battery once in 4 years (i think). Thats all that goes for the maintenance.

delhibhai1000

Journeyman
well i hav had a tritonics UPS fer the last 4.5 yrs.. there's has been NO problem till date & it still provides 15min backup!so does that mean its better than APC??

if u r not buyiung APC then there r only 2 companies: either Wipro Emerge or Numeric...

G

gxsaurav

Numeric Digital 600 WA is also I m looking ot buy one from delhi, or u can also go for APC, but the backupdepends on your system specs

OP
hafees

hafees

In the zone
Thanks for so much responses!

Do APC have any model with rating of 600 VA or 700 VA?? I ve a 17 inch monitor and plans to upgrade to a 64 bit processor. So i need more power! Please specify the model number

Aanand

Journeyman
I bought Numeric 600 plus, a 600 VA UPS four months back and i have some problem with it. The UPS reboots now and then during power failures and power fluctuations. But it works uninterruptedly if I turn off the switch in the wall socket. What could be the problem? Please help!
My System config: Cel 2.4, 512 MB RAM,2 HDDs- 160 GB Seagate, 8 GB Fujitsu, 2 DVD drives- LG DVD drive and Sony DVD RW, 17' LG flatron monitor.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
TheMask said:
Powercom 600VA are supposedly good too. Infact, Powercom is the 2nd largest UPS company in the world. Next to APC. They have a 600VZ UPS in the sub-3k range.

I wudnt suggest V-Guard UPS though. have heard some problems about them.

Sometime back I bought Powercom 600VA for Rs.1900/ and it works fine. Another good brand is Liebert (Emerson) which costs slightly more but is even better. Both have input range from 140 volts and so are good for low voltage areas. And both carry 2 year warranty.

V.Prem Kumar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom