Help me please, I tried all the ways to change the grey taskbar in XP SP3 but failed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

joedc

Right off the assembly line
Help me!!! I am not able to change the grey taskbar in XP SP3. I tried UXtheme patcher. It doesnt help. I tried Style Xp in vain. It changes style and other taskbar properties except the grey taskbar of start menu. Please help me....

I made changes in Display properties>apprearance>silver etc. That too didnt work. What could be the reason, please advice me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
Re: Help me please, I tried all the ways to change the grey taskbar in XP SP3 but fai

Make sure the Themes service is running. Click Start->Run and type 'services.msc' without the quotes & hit enter. Look for Themes and dbl-clk it to open its properties page. Set the startup type to Automatic and start the service.

OP
J

joedc

Right off the assembly line
Re: Help me please, I tried all the ways to change the grey taskbar in XP SP3 but fai

Make sure the Themes service is running. Click Start->Run and type 'services.msc' without the quotes & hit enter. Look for Themes and dbl-clk it to open its properties page. Set the startup type to Automatic and start the service.
I tried that too. It is working and the start up type is 'automatic' But still not able to change taskbar to any of the themes default color

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom