Help me in removing virus

Status
Not open for further replies.

gau_pppu

TeCh Blogger : Gtechinfo
recently i installed mcafee AVS and it is working very well, it alrady detected some spyware and removed..
but today when i started my comp , mcafee show me an alert that it detect a trojan in windows temp folder and it cannot be repaired..

the alert is something like this...

McAfee has detected an infected file that cannot be repaired.

Details
Detection: Spy-Agent.bv.gen (Trojan), Spy-Agent.bv.gen (Trojan)
File Path: C:\WINDOWS\Temp\startdrv.exe

More Info
Trojan horses appear to be legitimate programs but can disrupt, damage, or provide unauthorized access to your computer.

i tried to delete the file file manually from temp folder inside windows, but it is saying that it cannot delete because the file is alrady in use or the disk is write-protected..

some one plzz help me to remove this from my pc...

devil_himself

Broken In
Download HJTInstall.exe to your Desktop.

*www.trendsecure.com/portal/en-US/threat_analytics/HJTInstall.exe

* Doubleclick HJTInstall.exe to install it.
* By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis .
* Click on Install.
* It will create a HijackThis icon on the desktop.
* Once installed, it will launch Hijackthis.
* Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and the log should open in notepad.
* Copy/Paste the log to your next reply please.

Don't use the Analyse This button, its findings are dangerous if misinterpreted.
Don't have Hijackthis fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

anand1

In the zone
Google with the name of the trojan to download the latest anti trojan removal tools and you will be done with the trojan removal but try to download the good one as many of them also have security problems to.

As you have the McAfee installed in your system try to update it. And then sacn for the virus. If you are not able to get the latest verion of virus defination then manually have the defintion installed on your system by visiting their site as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom