Help me in finding my career path in networking

Mon_V

Right off the assembly line
Hi, i am mohan (24), i have done my masters in digital communication and passed out in 2012, basically i am never good at softwares or programming and moreover i screwed myself just thinking once i get my master degree i will join in any B.tech college as assitant professor as it pays more and less work but once i finished my degree i never got interest in joining it. so i joined CCNA course in NIIT and completed it and i am taking up the exam next week which i am very confident of passing it.

Just i am confused what to do after i get my CCNA and what types of jobs i should try? and the pay scale of it.

please i need some suggestions and opinions, help me.

Also i have plans entering into network security field as i strongly feel in next 2-3 years wireless and security will be very hot fields as world is slowly moving towards wireless.

Basically i have everything( master degree and good percentage), just i need to kick start my career in right way so i grow up and reach many heights.

please suggest me which can help me in many ways and express your opinions..

thanking you :)

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Your masters is good enough to provide you a klickstart in your professional life.
Although you have almost completed your study for CCNA and would sit for it real soon, I don't think CCNA would help you in getting good job any better than your masters.
Believe me when I say that Computer science guys (only those who are interested) complete CCNA while they are studying engineering. For example, I completed CCENT & CCNA (yes, I took the two exam way) when I was in my 6th sem. CCNA is considered to be basic certification.
What to do next? You, yourself have to decide. You may want to check different CCNP/CCDP paths. You won't be needing CCIE though and don't even think of that.

I really don't know which CCNP path is the best, but I should say that after completing my CCNP during last November, till today, I got 4 offers from different companies based only on my CCNET, CCNA, CCNA Security & CCNP certifications and those offers were descent - lot better than the offers I got after completing my b.tech.

Thus I hope that it won't be a great platform for you to launch your professional career if you complete any CCNP course completely. Be warned: you will be needing at least 1 year of time to complete whole CCNP.. For me it took 15 months.

Hope this helps.

OP
M

Mon_V

Right off the assembly line
i took my exam last week and got 947 :) now i need to get a entry level job.
Your masters is good enough to provide you a klickstart in your professional life.
Although you have almost completed your study for CCNA and would sit for it real soon, I don't think CCNA would help you in getting good job any better than your masters.
Believe me when I say that Computer science guys (only those who are interested) complete CCNA while they are studying engineering. For example, I completed CCENT & CCNA (yes, I took the two exam way) when I was in my 6th sem. CCNA is considered to be basic certification.
What to do next? You, yourself have to decide. You may want to check different CCNP/CCDP paths. You won't be needing CCIE though and don't even think of that.

I really don't know which CCNP path is the best, but I should say that after completing my CCNP during last November, till today, I got 4 offers from different companies based only on my CCNET, CCNA, CCNA Security & CCNP certifications and those offers were descent - lot better than the offers I got after completing my b.tech.

Thus I hope that it won't be a great platform for you to launch your professional career if you complete any CCNP course completely. Be warned: you will be needing at least 1 year of time to complete whole CCNP.. For me it took 15 months.

Hope this helps.

Top Bottom