Help me in Career Planning..

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
Hi All,
I am studying in Xth (CBSE).I have almost completed my portion for my board exam and I get about 2-3hours free everyday,hence I would like to utilize this time and make some career planning and start doing some courses like IIT-JEE and AIEEE . After my 10th boards, I have planned to join the Science Stream with Phy,Chem,Bio n Maths..

So can you recommend me some good online coaching sites for IIT ?
Also are there are more courses having good potential?

Thanks..

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Dude! Decide first! Are you sure you want BOTH Biology and Maths?
I'll suggest you to drop Biology if you wish to pursue Engineering or drop maths if you want to pursue Medical.
As for material, take correspondence courses.

First decide whether you want to pursue engineering or medical, as for the former PCM combo in 12th recommended, while for medical, it's PCB.

Of course, you could take PCM-B to have a shot at both, but that's your decision.

You can sort that out by taking aptitude tests, seeking career counseling from teachers, parents, institutes etc.

If you are keen on engineering, then read on: (as I dont know what's to be done for medical)

Studying for the IITJEE is no walk-in-the-park. You need to study with full dedication for atleast 5-6 hours a day to have any hope of even comprehending the exam.

As you are in 10th, I'll advise not to concentrate on IITJEE now as it is fruitless. You are definitely better off with revision of your 10th standard subjects than adding another subject to the list.

I'm saying this as the portion for such exams is far more in depth from even 12th CBSE text books (they'll only help in AIEEE, not much in JEE). To study from the JEE (or any competitive exam), you'll need other books, which you can only understand once you start with 11th and join a coaching institute (if required) at that time. It's a waste of time really to think of entrance exams, especially since you are just in 10th.

My advice is to just keep your basics sharp, ensure you remember all that you have learnt in 10th as that should provide a solid base for engineering entrance exams (like JEE and AIEEE) once you reach 11th.

Just my 2 cents... :)

I will advice you to ask you teachers/parents as to how to go about though.

OP
The Conqueror

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
Yes, I am really keen on taking PCMB...Somehow I just want to skip IInd lang,ie hindi subject but i think its compulsory till 12th...hindi just lowers my overall %age :( How about shifting to IB Board for 11th? and howz ICSE?

I cant say about IB, but in ISC (ie 11-12th in ICSE) there is no second language. It's English+ PCM+CS/Electronics+E.E. or English+ PCMB+E.E

ash

Reborn ... four times
I agree with thewisecrab. Prepare for IITJEE after you are done with your Xth.

My experience is (I took PCMB and then went to IIT) use this time to study outside your course on related topics. You may consider books that are followed in other boards, or even online try and extend your knowledge on your science subjects beyond your course. It really comes in useful later.

ash

Reborn ... four times
I agree with thewisecrab. Prepare for IITJEE after you are done with your Xth.

My experience is (I took PCMB and then went to IIT) use this time to study outside your course on related topics. You may consider books that are followed in other boards, or even online try and extend your knowledge on your science subjects beyond your course. It really comes in useful later.

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
Yes, I am really keen on taking PCMB...Somehow I just want to skip IInd lang,ie hindi subject but i think its compulsory till 12th...hindi just lowers my overall %age :( How about shifting to IB Board for 11th? and howz ICSE?
then do that way .. i was about to suggest you that but now you yourself said so i dont need to explain, my brother took maths bcoz he didnt want the addon computers or anything he can learn computer anytime. so he took maths bcoz that he can do without study. maths is his scoring subject. so it all depends if you like maths or hate maths.
personally dude.. if you like maths, or love maths and get highest in that then dont even think about leaving out maths whatever you choose. bcoz overall score is also need to be taken care off.
thridly, maths is needed everywhere.. even in medical it helps.. people might contradict this. but my sister is a dr. and she never left the maths. so it all depends how you want to do it. dont just take things as others do.
4thly, if you consider commerce.. its more difficult at high level accountancy.. and my some fellow friends who left maths are regretting it like anything.

so thats sums up.. i can go on on and on .. but i dont think i need to.

just stick to your studies first.. and study for iit or aieee or all india medical or anything like that. but crux is you get your basics right if you study your core book right .. you need these so called institutes just for reference.. :idea:

Thanks friends, but really I'm confused should I continue with CBSE or switch to IB/IGCSE/ICSE??
why you confused on that count?.. give us the reason..are you changing your school. or just scared of cbse..

OP
The Conqueror

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
then do that way .. i was about to suggest you that but now you yourself said so i dont need to explain, my brother took maths bcoz he didnt want the addon computers or anything he can learn computer anytime. so he took maths bcoz that he can do without study. maths is his scoring subject. so it all depends if you like maths or hate maths.
personally dude.. if you like maths, or love maths and get highest in that then dont even think about leaving out maths whatever you choose. bcoz overall score is also need to be taken care off.
thridly, maths is needed everywhere.. even in medical it helps.. people might contradict this. but my sister is a dr. and she never left the maths. so it all depends how you want to do it. dont just take things as others do.
4thly, if you consider commerce.. its more difficult at high level accountancy.. and my some fellow friends who left maths are regretting it like anything.

so thats sums up.. i can go on on and on .. but i dont think i need to.

just stick to your studies first.. and study for iit or aieee or all india medical or anything like that. but crux is you get your basics right if you study your core book right .. you need these so called institutes just for reference.. :idea:

why you confused on that count?.. give us the reason..are you changing your school. or just scared of cbse..
Yes,Maths is useful in almost all the fields hence I decided not to skip it..
Nope,I ain't scared with CBSE,Actually i heard that International Boards dont have compulsory second lang. subject like hindi n hindi is my weakest subject..:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom