Help me in Buying NEW DESKTOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

happy20b

Journeyman
Dear all..

I had to edit this page because i am not able to create new thread.. Ok im planing to buy new PC and i need help from you ppl in making right choice..

1] im planing to get gfx card from US eigther GF9500GT or GF9600GT but im confused now.. from the following link can u sugest me which one is better.. i dono wat is the difference between each of them ..

*www.nvidia.com/object/buy_now_results_ci.html?id=GF9500GT

2] i am planing to get 500gb seagate SATA hardisk .. can you sugest me proper model

3]please sugest RAM and CPU ( amd or intel )

Thanks in advance

OLD POST:
==========

I am planing to buy a Desktop within within aPRIL.. My budget will be MAX 30k and since my cousin is coming from US, im planing to get some parts from there..Im not a student or gamer.. but i love to play games and since im working i dont get much time for playing games..but if i get break i wud love to play NFS matrix etc..Since i work in linux illl use both windows(SP 2) and linux(FC8>=) and offcourse music and movies
SO i wanted to know the AVG user configuration..
I AM FROM BANGALORE So i always check folowing link for latest price
www.computerwarehousepricelist.com

*72.14.235.132/search?q=cache:9cEoX...ist&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=2&gl=in&client=firefox-a

model price
======================================
PROC intel C2C ???? / AMD X2 ??? ???

MOBO for intel ??? /form AMD ??? "
Q:is there any MOBO with nvidia chipset for intel C2C??? to play nfs undercover what is the graphics card requirement ?... im planing to get Graphics card from US only if i dont get MOBO with inbuilt GRAPHICS CARD

Hardisk Seagate or WEST DIG. (320 GB/500GB) ???
Q:if i get 500GB will CPU load will effect ? IM planing to get this from US

RAM memory Trncend or corsair(ddr2/ddr3)(2gb+1gb) ???
Q: Actualy My COusin had bot MUSHKIN memory (Frequency: 667MHz DDR 2) so im planing to buy 2gb extra total 3gb but my question is can we add DDR3 and DDr2 together ?? which is the minimum best MOBO which supports DDr3 and minimum 4GB RAM capacity...

Rest is not importent for me but my plans are

MM Keyboard+ mouse iball laser combo 1s 1 or 3rd 1 check link
*iball.co.in/Product.aspx?c=3

Monitor 22" Samsung/LG ??? samsung look/design is gud dno abt display
DVD DRIVE Sony/Lg
iball small cabinet
creative speakers

Thats it .. i hav time till april end hope i will get lots of suggestion comments and better choices :)
Thanks in advance

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
If you have time till end of April, then don't think of hardware right now. Just wait for few more weeks and you will find new processors from Intel and AMD esp. Phenom II am3 edition and also price cuts from ATI,nVidia

Then you can reinitiate this thread.

OP
happy20b

happy20b

Journeyman
Thax for the reply.. But still i can get answers for my questions ryt ? about ram and GC .. Hope prices will slash down by that time ..

Thanks

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
yeah. even RAM will see a architectual shift.

DDR3 may become mainstream. RIght now, it costs 3k for 1gig module. The price might come down a lot once Phenom II AM3 processor comes out.

Graphics too have similar fate. Prices are coming down really fast. now, you can get HD4850 for 9k, which is considered as the best sub10k graphics. 11k-15k : 9800GTX+
16k-20k: HD4870

OP
happy20b

happy20b

Journeyman
Hmm let me think abt that ..actualy i have one more doubt

I already have 1gb mushkin 670mhz DDR2 so if im planing to add 2gb more then i have to buy a DDR2 with 670mhz ryt ? even if i add DDR3 or DDR2 with MHZ>670mhz it will work but the speed will step down to match 670 mhz that means it is waste of adding ddr2 670 mhz width other ram having greater frequuency than this.. am i ryt ?

And frenz plz keep in mind that my budget is 30k and in that 10k+ i have to put for 22" monitor.. and in rest 20k i cant buy GC which cost 11k :) and also i mentioned that i dont get much time to enjoy gaming with those graphics card ..

Thanks

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
First of all there is no DDR2 670 Mhz. It's DDR2 667 Mhz.

You could not be able use DDR3 & DDR2 ram simultaneously.

You should buy 2x 1GB DDR2 800Mhz module.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Hmm let me think abt that ..actualy i have one more doubt

I already have 1gb mushkin 670mhz DDR2 so if im planing to add 2gb more then i have to buy a DDR2 with 670mhz ryt ? even if i add DDR3 or DDR2 with MHZ>670mhz it will work but the speed will step down to match 670 mhz that means it is waste of adding ddr2 670 mhz width other ram having greater frequuency than this.. am i ryt ?

And frenz plz keep in mind that my budget is 30k and in that 10k+ i have to put for 22" monitor.. and in rest 20k i cant buy GC which cost 11k :) and also i mentioned that i dont get much time to enjoy gaming with those graphics card ..

Thanks

whoa!!!. You don't play that much games and want spend more on GPU than on processor?? that's not fair!!!

You better stick to gpu like HD4850 that costs around 150USD.

Invest more in Processor. Get something like E8200.

OP
happy20b

happy20b

Journeyman
whoa!!!. You don't play that much games and want spend more on GPU than on processor?? that's not fair!!!

You better stick to gpu like HD4850 that costs around 150USD.

Invest more in Processor. Get something like E8200.

I never told that i wan to spend more money on GPU i was asking that in case if i have to play nfs undercover what is the minimum graphics required ,,, And second thing ASUS provide motherboards with built in nvidia graphics which 1 is d miinum cost asus board with builltin graphics which will support nfs undercover

I have two things in my mind

1]
intel c2d
best supporting MOBO
and Graphics card(minimum required to play nfs undercover,dont wan to spend much on this)

2] AMD x2 or >
Best supporting MOBO with built in graphics card(shud support nfs undercover)

ill ask you ppl b4 buying :)

Thanks

First of all there is no DDR2 670 Mhz. It's DDR2 667 Mhz.

You could not be able use DDR3 & DDR2 ram simultaneously.

You should buy 2x 1GB DDR2 800Mhz module.

Sory for that mistake .. i just rounded it up ...it is 667 Mhz So can i use 2x 1GB DDR2 800Mhz module with 1GB DDR2 667 Mhz .. I belive DDR2 800mhz will step down to 667MHz to match other 1.. in that case buying DDR2 800MHz is pointless :confused:

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
DDR 800Mhz will be little future Proof. But still if you want to go for 667 Mhz module it will be just fine.

I don't think any current intel IGP solution can NFS undercover though I'm not sure about G45.

AMD/ATI 780G IGP can play NFS undercover.

But I'll recommend you to go for intel based rig coz a entry level gfx card ike 9500GT which is only Rs. 3250 can outperform 780G.

For intel mobo you can opt for ASUS P5KPL-CM Rs. 2350 or MSI P35 Neo-F which is Rs. 4500. For CPU go for e7300 which is just only Rs. 5500.

OP
happy20b

happy20b

Journeyman
I have found one link where the say that DDR3 1333mhz cost around 44$
*www.mushkin.com/doc/products/memory_detail.asp?id=641

found here
*www.mushkin.com/doc/products/performance/

And my cousin had bot DDR2 667 Mhz 1 and half year back which is of same company which i havnt used yet..

What do you think is it a bad Brand .. Or is it cheap cause it is in US? Can i BUY this ?

Thanks

DDR 800Mhz will be little future Proof. But still if you want to go for 667 Mhz module it will be just fine.

I don't think any current intel IGP solution can NFS undercover though I'm not sure about G45.

AMD/ATI 780G IGP can play NFS undercover.

But I'll recommend you to go for intel based rig coz a entry level gfx card ike 9500GT which is only Rs. 3250 can outperform 780G.

For intel mobo you can opt for ASUS P5KPL-CM Rs. 2350 or MSI P35 Neo-F which is Rs. 4500. For CPU go for e7300 which is just only Rs. 5500.

Thanks for the information :)

Last edited:

RMN

In the zone
im really sry, i have a little off topic Q.
can DDR2 RAMs be used with the corei7 boards which have DDR3 slots?

thank you

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have found one link where the say that DDR3 1333mhz cost around 44$
*www.mushkin.com/doc/products/memory_detail.asp?id=641

found here
*www.mushkin.com/doc/products/performance/

And my cousin had bot DDR2 667 Mhz 1 and half year back which is of same company which i havnt used yet..

What do you think is it a bad Brand .. Or is it cheap cause it is in US? Can i BUY this ?

Thanks

Mushkin is not bad brand. You can go for Mushkin DDR2 Ram. I've read reviews about it.

But if you buy/bring something from us you will not get local warranty.

If you are interested in purchasing good quality ddr2 ram I would suggest get Corsair DDR2 800MHZ TWIN2X4096-6400C4DHX for Rs. 5000-5500 ( this is 2x 2GB kit with Low latency ) and stop using that 667Mhz module.

Those low latency DDR2 kit performs better than value based high latency DDR3 rams & corsair offers 10 years of warranty. So you can safely OC them to 1066Mhz.

im really sry, i have a little off topic Q.
can DDR2 RAMs be used with the corei7 boards which have DDR3 slots?

thank you

Certainly not. Simply DDR2 Rams will not fit on DDR3 ram slots.

Last edited:
OP
happy20b

happy20b

Journeyman
Dear all,

Re initiating this thread..

Can you ppl sugest me some good configuration in AMD, nvidia graphics, 500gb hardisk minimum 3gb ram ,asus MOBO

budget 25k - 30k
Thanks in advance

surinder

Tech addict
Phenom II X2 550 @5.5K
Bioster A780G 3.5@K
500GB WD HDD with 32MB cache @2.7K
Kingston 2X2GB DDR2 800MHZ @1.9K
Samsung 22X SATA @1.1K
Sapphire HD 4850 512 DDR3 @6.5K(Nvidia has no answer to that)
Corsair Cx400 @3K
Zebronics Bizli @1.3K(without PSU)
Samsung 2033SW @7.5K
K+M logitech wired @0.5K

Sorry, slightly over then your max budget but worth the stretch if you can. But in case you can't then change the processor with Athlon X2 7750+BE @3.5K and change the GPU with Palit 9600GT 512MB DDR3 5.4K.

OP
happy20b

happy20b

Journeyman
Thanx for the reply..

I forgot to mention .. monitor should be 22"
and what about Nvidia 9500GT 512mb 128bit ddr2 ?? is it not worth ..

and about western digital hardisk,, i am from banglore and i heard from my friends that there is no proper service centre for WD in banglore.. thats why decided for seagate

Thank you

surinder

Tech addict
Samsung 2033SW is a 21.5" in display area and if you wanna have 22' anyway you can go with Benq G2200HD @9.2K and it is full HD as well but your total budget will be violated.

And you can not go with 9500GT 512MB DDR2 with these kind of displays.

HDDs don't fails every alternate day so don't worry with WD BTW seagate is not far behind in any department though so choice is yours.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
HD 4850 is far more better than 9500 GT & even a 9600GT. 9600GT is better than 9500GT. If you want to go with 9500GT then get the DDR3 version. It performs way better than DDR2 version.

If you like ATI then you should consider HD4650 as the alternative foof 9500GT. it performs better than 9500GT for just some bucks more.

WD drives are good in quality..........but I personally prefer seagate :p

OP
happy20b

happy20b

Journeyman
Thanks for the reply..

but i don wan to spend more than 3k on graphics card.. as i mentioned in the beginning .. i dont play games all d time...

@topgear

if i go for HD4650 512mb which one i should select out of listed models in this site???

*wheretobuy.amd.com/us-en/gpus.html#PC
/Mac=PC|||Model=ATI%20Radeon%20HD%204650

and what would be the system requirements for that ? and also compatibility with other components ? like as surinder mentioned that we can not go with 9500GT 512MB DDR2 with some kind of displays ..

im planing to go with HD4650 512mb .. need ur guidelines :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom