Help me in buying a Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

go4saket

Hello friends!

I am planning to buy a Laptop and am confused in between the two models as below:

Dell Inspiron
Intel Core i3-330M (2.12 Ghz)
Windows 7 Home Premium
14' High Defination WLED 1366x768
2 GB 1066 Mhz DDR3 SDRAM (1x2 GB)
250 GB 5400 RPM Sata HDD
ATI Radeon HD4330 512MB GFX
Wireless 1379 802.11b/g Half mini card
Rs.36423/-

Sony Viao
Intel Core i3-330M (2.12 Ghz)
Windows 7 Home Basic
15.5' XVGA 1366x768 TFT
3 GB 1066 Mhz DDR3 SDRAM
320 GB 5400 RPM Sata HDD
ATI Radeon HD5470 512MB GFX
Wireless 1379 802.11b/g/n'6 Half mini card
Rs.38990/-

The biggest difference is the display. Please guide me as to which one should I opt.

Thank you.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
I would suggest to go for Sony Viao. Coz you are getting much more for just 2-3k more comratively to Dell Inspiron.

OP
go4saket

go4saket

But what about the display... Sony has a normal TFT and Dell has a High Defination WLED?

---------- Post added at 10:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 AM ----------

Tell me something. I have a hell lot of models available where they are still offering C2D rather than i3 /i5. Now, is it worth going for a i3/i5 than a C2D. Is there really a noticeable performance difference between both of them.

As for the display, I guess a WLED will help me with a better battery performance if compared to a XVGA TFT. Is there a difference in output display quality also?

Cilus

laborare est orare
You can also look for the Acer 5740G Model
The Basic config

• Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium Edition
  • 15.6″ inch (1366×768 pixels) HD LED-backlit TFT LCD
  • Intel Core i5-430M processor (2.26GHz, 3 MB L3 cache)
  • ATI Radeon 5650, 1 GB GDDR3 Dedicated Graphics
  • 4GB DDR3 RAM
  • 500GB Sata Hard Disk
  • DVD Writer
  • WLAN 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi
  • Bluetooth v2.1
  • Acer Webcam
  • Memory Card Reader
  • 1xHDMI, 4 x USB 2.0, 1xVGA ports
  • 6-cell Li-Ion Battery
  • Weight: 2.8 kg
  • 1-Year Acer Warranty
The advantahe over the other two models mentioned is Core i5 processor
HD 5650 Gfx card. It is a very good card and can be very good for mobile gaming in the resolution of the monitor. Price is around 43k.

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz
@go4saket,
consider the Acer model stated by @Cilus. Pretty awesome configuration with Kick@$$ price tag! Also consider HP DV6-2125TX model, if u can.

acewin

Point Blanc
@Cilus, can you quote the price of the Acer model. I do not think it is anything less than 40K must be 45K or somewhere near. my source of price *www.priceindia.in/laptop/acer-aspire-5740g-price/
@Saket, prices quoted are inclusive of taxes and shipping or just web price.

now go back to 2nd post in this thread
what is your main usage?
you still have not mentioned it.
Are you really interested in gfx card or other system configs and performance and usage is nothing like gaming.

Dell Inspiron is also available in core i5 but without any dedicated gfx card, having Intel® HD Graphics which is 4500HD gfx.
So sort out your preference, I have not read T6600 vs core i3 or core i5 so wont comment. but IMO it wont be much a huge difference as to swing your buying opinion on any particular proccy.

Cilus

laborare est orare
I posted the price already in my previous post. It is 43k including taxes. I called one of the Shop Keepers in Bhubaneswar and got that price. Also in TechEnclave site the price is mentioned around 43k to 44.5k.

I think @43k it is one of the best deals around.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
i hope me not joining in late for the discussion... :)

well, the ACER 5740 has gr8 config but look and feel wise, it jus doesnt feel sturdy enough believe me guys,wen holding the lappy in my hands, it was not sturdy at all, the built quality is inferior as to wat hp, dell and sony (vaio) provide...... :(

i surveyed alot of lappys and then bought myself a sony vaio e series (core i3 with ati 5650).....

so as per the OP's 2 given choices, i wud select vaio over dell inspiron...also, the brightness of my lappy screen so too much so i hv to tone it down alot..lol...so i dnt think a normal LCD and WLED will make sucha difference... :)
-------------
but, yes we 1st needto knw the OP's requirement of his lappy usage.. :)
-------------

Cheers n e-peace....

acewin

Point Blanc
acer built is not that bad, it is light and feeling of its lightness comes when you hold it unlike hp or dell. it has magnessium alloy beside keyboard a,d rest of the body is plastic, I cannot say about plastic whether it is inferior to hp/dell or better. but anyhow sony/hp/dell/toshiba have better repo than acer.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^ :)

Hi Acewin..

well, yup the built quality (of the plastic) is really inferior as compared to HP,Dell etc... :( it is jus NOT sturdy at all.. (atleast that is wat i felt..) :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom