MY pc config is
AMD 64 3500+
Asus A8N-VN-CSM
2 GB DDR 400
7300 GT 256 MB
400 W Power Supply
My cabin has 2 side fans..
i have Win XP SP3

My computer is running perfectly without any problem from 3 years..
But now.. the compuer is powered offf suddenly..wiithuout any notifications..
My Windows has Oringinal Copy and I have installed all updates through windows updates..I am using Avira Antivirus and Spybot SD.protected with Windows firewall.

I do not know the actual reason for sudden powered off ...usually 2 to 3 times in a day..But not the all time.im working on.

What a beauty is the problem causes while working both Windows and LInux

I do not recently add any additonal hardware with my computer. So i think my power requirement is enough....

Im confusing about the problem.. Plzz Help Me...

Note: Im not using UPS

OP
Sathish

Sathish

Debian Gnu/Linux User
R U joking..

even without using UPS..i never face that type of problem in 3 years.

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
dude UPS is the most imp thing for a pc..frequent power off is due to fluctuation.u might damage ur pc if u continue using it without a ups.

dtox

The Techno Perv
its not a ups problem.. i had exactly the same problem.. got my pc cleaned.. trust me this works!! (by clean i mean thoroughly cleaned, including the processor)..

if that dosent work (as in my one friends case), get ur smps checked.. thats it.. its definetly either of these 2 problems.. its got nothing to do with ups at all..

OP
Sathish

Sathish

Debian Gnu/Linux User
its not a ups problem.. i had exactly the same problem.. got my pc cleaned.. trust me this works!! (by clean i mean thoroughly cleaned, including the processor)..

if that dosent work (as in my one friends case), get ur smps checked.. thats it.. its definetly either of these 2 problems.. its got nothing to do with ups at all..

Thankxxx lot dtox...
i cleaned my pc every months. wihout touch the processor and SMPS...
i think, 3 years of dust may causes that problem... i wll back to you after i cleaned my processor and smps...

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
If its frequent POWER OFF, follow dtox's suggestion,

If its frequent RESTART, voltage fluctuations might cause it. Get a UPS.

nvidia

-----ATi-----
It could be a problem with the SMPS. Try using a different SMPS for a few days and see if the problem still exists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom