help me fix this bug. a newbie! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

legolas

Padawan
hi,

i have a 512 MB DDr, P4 2.4 Ghz, intel 865 chipset and 32 MB inbuilt video card with windows MCE sp2 installed. since i own an unlimited internet connection, i stay online all times and also download all kinda stuffs.. the problem since then i hav been facing is,

1)when i shut down my computer at times, it logs off and then stands for hours saying "saving your settings" and never comes off that screen... i surmise that to be coz i have dl and uploaded lots of bytes or so. which it takes time to save.. but as long as 3 hrs.. i have put my system to save.. it doesnt.. how do i resolve this issue??

2)coz i loose my patience, i reset the system, the problem mentioned above. the last time i rebooted it said "windows system error, object file not found". theree is a "ok button". if i click it..(amleft only with it! :)) everything goes fine.. how do i get rid of that? what s the error signify?

pls help me out to resolve these issues! :)

/legolas

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
follow the steps m8....
:arrow: run > msconfig > startup > remove all entries except those related to antivirus

:arrow: control panel > internet options > delete temp internet files,clear history

:arrow: run ad-aware nd spybot. both of them can be found in www.download.com

:arrow: run complete antivirus scan of the PC..

:arrow: if all fails download hijackthis frm *www.merijn.org/files/hijackthis.zip nd post the log file....

technoteen

Journeyman
do all the things said by grinning_devil
but also go and check windows update website for updates for your sysytem, i think i have read about this problem in microsoft website

Deep

Version 2.0
hm..it seems that your machine is under some domain...and it is using Active Directory so all your settings and my documemts are being saved at main server i.e. at main domain...

to avoid this..

do this..

go to my computer..

tools - folder options - offline tab

uncheck enable offline files
uncheck synchronize file before loggin off

see if this helps or not..

Deep

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
@deep....i think its a standalone PC...nd wud be a workgroup...
moreover he hasnt provided us the net details,ie. whether its thru LAN or what... :roll:

OP
L

legolas

Padawan
grinning_devil said:
@deep....i think its a standalone PC...nd wud be a workgroup...
moreover he hasnt provided us the net details,ie. whether its thru LAN or what... :roll:

hi mates, sorry for the delay.. thanks for ur urseful replies.. am working on them now.. i ll also post the log file. btw, i have a standalone PC. 128 kbps ADSL connection. GlobeSpan Virata PPPOA encapsulation scheme. anymore info u would require before helping me, pls ask thanks.

/legolas

OP
L

legolas

Padawan
technoteen said:
do all the things said by grinning_devil
but also go and check windows update website for updates for your sysytem, i think i have read about this problem in microsoft website

could u give me the link where i could get info abt this.. is that an article?

/legolas

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
@legolas: Take a look at these sites. I think this is what technoteen was talking about:

*support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;313290
*support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;886844

First, try to use the shutdown.exe command from the Start>Run prompt and see if it shuts down properly via that. Next, see if you can shut down your computer normally from inside the safe mode. If it does, then some application is causing this problem when you try to shut it down. Take a look at this page for more information:

*support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308029

OP
L

legolas

Padawan
hi enoonmai

thanks for the links. i dont have any problems if i shut it down normally, i mean if i am not dl anything, if i dl for long time and dint shutdown.. i mean shutting down after dl for long time creates this problen..

in safemode, i am able to shutdown with no problems. i shut down immediately thou.. without dl from net! i ll read the article .. and come back! thanks nyways.. :)

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
OK, in that case, then its definitely a program that's preventing your computer from shutting down. First, make sure you close your network connection, logout/disconnect if you're using an authentication based broadband/dialup connection, make sure you close all browsers and download managers (some download managers minimize to the system tray if you click the close button) and then try shutting down Windows. If possible, use HJT (download here) and run it JUST before you shut it down so that we can take a look at the processes that are running when you try to shut the computer down. Post the log file back here and we will try and figure out what's preventing your computer from shutting down normally.

OP
L

legolas

Padawan
i have posted the log file here. to try my luck again, coz am still with that problem! :(

this is the file i have saved at this moment. i mean, i ran the program now and am sending.

legolas said:
Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 10:45:42 AM, on 4/8/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\CDAC11BA.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehRecvr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehSched.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\EPSON\EBAPI\SAgent2.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\IWP\NPFMntor.exe
C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMAgent.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\NORTON~1\SPEEDD~1\NOPDB.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Active Monitor\imonnt.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\GSICON.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dslagent.exe
C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMax4PNP.exe
C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\smax4.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Active Monitor\imontray.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllhost.exe
C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\YPager.exe
C:\Program Files\DC++\DCPlusPlus.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\MESSEN~1\YServer.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Distillr\AcroTray.exe
C:\Program Files\Netscape\Netscape\Netscp.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Gmail Notifier\gnotify.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
C:\Program Files\WinRAR\WinRAR.exe
C:\DOCUME~1\kareena\LOCALS~1\Temp\Rar$EX00.688\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = *registernet.passport.net/reg.srf?xpwiz=true&lc=1033&langid=1033
N3 - Netscape 7: user_pref("browser.startup.homepage", "*home.netscape.com/bookmark/7_1/home.html"); (C:\Documents and Settings\kareena\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\htpq5vp9.slt\prefs.js)
N3 - Netscape 7: user_pref("browser.search.defaultengine", "engine://C%3A%5CPROGRA%7E1%5CNETSCAPE%5CNETSCAPE%5Csearchplugins%5CSBWeb_01.src"); (C:\Documents and Settings\kareena\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\htpq5vp9.slt\prefs.js)
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: IeCatch2 Class - {A5366673-E8CA-11D3-9CD9-0090271D075B} - C:\PROGRA~1\FlashGet\jccatch.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
O2 - BHO: AcroIEToolbarHelper Class - {AE7CD045-E861-484f-8273-0445EE161910} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll
O2 - BHO: NAV Helper - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O2 - BHO: FlashFXP Helper for Internet Explorer - {E5A1691B-D188-4419-AD02-90002030B8EE} - C:\PROGRA~1\FlashFXP\IEFlash.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: FlashGet Bar - {E0E899AB-F487-11D5-8D29-0050BA6940E3} - C:\PROGRA~1\FlashGet\fgiebar.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Adobe PDF - {47833539-D0C5-4125-9FA8-0819E2EAAC93} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [GSICONEXE] GSICON.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DSLAGENTEXE] dslagent.exe USB
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMAXPnP] C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMax4PNP.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMAX] "C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\smax4.exe" /tray
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IMONTRAY] C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Active Monitor\imontray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [{0228e555-4f9c-4e35-a3ec-b109a192b4c2}] C:\Program Files\Google\Gmail Notifier\gnotify.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Zone Labs Client] C:\PROGRA~1\ZONELA~1\ZONEAL~1\zlclient.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Norton SystemWorks] "C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\cfgwiz.exe" /GUID {05858CFD-5CC4-4ceb-AAAF-CF00BF39736A} /MODE CfgWiz
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Spyware Doctor] "C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\spydoctor.exe" /Q
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Google Search - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmsearch.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Backward Links - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmbacklinks.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Cached Snapshot of Page - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmcache.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert link target to Adobe PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECapture.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert link target to existing PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppend.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selected links to Adobe PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECaptureSelLinks.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selected links to existing PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppendSelLinks.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selection to Adobe PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECapture.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selection to existing PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppend.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert to Adobe PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECapture.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert to existing PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppend.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Download All by FlashGet - C:\Program Files\FlashGet\jc_all.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Download using FlashGet - C:\Program Files\FlashGet\jc_link.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O8 - Extra context menu item: Similar Pages - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmsimilar.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Translate into English - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmtrans.html
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0\bin\npjpi150.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0\bin\npjpi150.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: FlashGet - {D6E814A0-E0C5-11d4-8D29-0050BA6940E3} - C:\PROGRA~1\FlashGet\flashget.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: &FlashGet - {D6E814A0-E0C5-11d4-8D29-0050BA6940E3} - C:\PROGRA~1\FlashGet\flashget.exe
O9 - Extra button: Yahoo! Messenger - {E5D12C4E-7B4F-11D3-B5C9-0050045C3C96} - C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\MESSEN~1\YPager.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Yahoo! Messenger - {E5D12C4E-7B4F-11D3-B5C9-0050045C3C96} - C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\MESSEN~1\YPager.exe
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{D37B3D6B-9D83-41E7-9894-42A66D6EC830}: NameServer = 203.145.184.13 202.56.250.5
O20 - Winlogon Notify: igfxcui - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\igfxsrvc.dll
O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Adobe Systems - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: C-DillaCdaC11BA - Macrovision - C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\CDAC11BA.EXE
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation (ccPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
O23 - Service: EPSON Printer Status Agent2 (EPSONStatusAgent2) - SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION - C:\Program Files\Common Files\EPSON\EBAPI\SAgent2.exe
O23 - Service: Intel(R) Active Monitor (imonNT) - Intel Corp. - C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Active Monitor\imonnt.exe
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Auto-Protect Service (navapsvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Firewall Monitor Service (NPFMntor) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\IWP\NPFMntor.exe
O23 - Service: SAVScan - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\SAVScan.exe
O23 - Service: ScriptBlocking Service (SBService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\SCRIPT~1\SBServ.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: SoundMAX Agent Service (SoundMAX Agent Service (default)) - Analog Devices, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMAgent.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec SPBBCSvc (SPBBCSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Speed Disk service - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\NORTON~1\SPEEDD~1\NOPDB.EXE
O23 - Service: Symantec Core LC - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
O23 - Service: TrueVector Internet Monitor (vsmon) - Zone Labs Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe

/legolas

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Regarding the hijackthis log file, i dont see any problem , but there are apps which u might not need (or can be started manually).

OP
L

legolas

Padawan
hmm! :( so wat else could i try out to stop those problems?? :( wat r those programs which can be added manually? how to remove them? r there any softwares for that?

/legolas

OP
L

legolas

Padawan
/*support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;%5BLN%5D;555121

i followed the instructions given in this link and managed to get rid of that problem permanently! :) thanks for ur help ppl. btw, could any1 answer my previous question in the same post! thanks ! :)

/legolas

dreams

Gracias Senor
as per the log files thr some resource hungry services running behind.. just go to msconfig and del the startup appln tht r not needed and also u can go to control panel and administrative tools and services and thr u can c the services tht r running and the desc r also avail.. analyse wat r needed and disable others.. this makes ur startup and shutdown faster and also the performance inc..

..nJoy..

nikhil

Broken In
do u have anything important stored in your hdd...this is an extreme drastic step...but if your system is still giving u problems and u r not able to fix it then maybe u could try formatting your system and reinstalling your system...install all windows updates a good antivirus program...and a firewall plus a spybot program...it's an extreme step but u can try it as a last step if all else fails...

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
- do u get the same prob when using other logins ?
- do u get the same prob when using safe mode ?
- try chkdsk for ur hdd and a defrag
- try changing ur page file settings
- check ur event viewer for errors
- do u have all the updated drivers for ur devices . - try reinstalling ur drivers for devices from ur m/b cd again .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom