Aspiring Novelist
my specs:
processor : core i3 4130
ram : crosair vengence 8gb ddr3 1600mhz
motherboard : gigabyte h87n-d3h
graphics card : nvidia gt520
hdd : segate 500gb
dvd writer : hp 24x

get antec vp450p or seasonic ss400bt. if you wanna add a powerful gpu later(like gtx 760/280x or higher). then get seasonic s12ii 550/620.

OP
N

Newbie11

P C - G A M E R
Thanks ,
i am looking to buy nvidia gtx 660 , wll the seasonic s12ii 520 watts do or will i have to buy the 620 watts?
thanks again.

OP
N

Newbie11

P C - G A M E R
antec vp450p will handle gtx 660. but for peace of mind, and if you are really tight on budget, then get antec vp550p.

Thanks, i will go with antec vp550p it fits in my budget
but what advantage does the seasonic s12 ii 520 have over the antec vp550p?
also i am thinking of buying a coolermaster elite 431 plus cabinet is it good?

Last edited:

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
seasonic unit uses highly reliable components(capacitors mainly) to make the psu. antec vp550p v2 is said to use highly reliable japanese caps(but the total output power is a little bit less!) whereas normal vp550p is not.
that cabinet is not good. poor cable management. what is your budget for cabinet? look at antec gx700.

OP
N

Newbie11

P C - G A M E R
seasonic unit uses highly reliable components(capacitors mainly) to make the psu. antec vp550p v2 is said to use highly reliable japanese caps(but the total output power is a little bit less!) whereas normal vp550p is not.
that cabinet is not good. poor cable management. what is your budget for cabinet? look at antec gx700.

my budget is about 4k

REDHOTIRON2004

Journeyman

Pardon me for continuing this thread again. But my question is related to this psu antec vp550p v2 only. Could you point me to any review for its v2 version where it shows what caps and components it is using as its quite different from v1 version.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's a very good question you have raised for which there's no correct answer. Nowadays PSU manufacturers first introduces a model, send it for review and when there's some good review floats around and they make some good sell they just silently changes some internal components to cut cost. Thus we get some lower quality psus which were higher of quality before. Often such psus gets a new revision number and often does not. Now which PSU manufacturer will do such act for which PSU models is mighty hard to tell.

On the plus side a new revision generally corrects the flaws of the previous revision and adds some little improvements. As a rule of thumb getting a higher model of a decent PSU manufacturer is always the safest bet or try to look for the OEM of a psu modem. If it's from a good OEM the build quality is also going to be nice. Another way is to look for feedback about a particular PSU of different forums if you have doubts.

Top Bottom