Help me choose my GPU! Poll:Which GPU Brand u have?

Which GPU Chip you own?

• ATI

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • others

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
geek_rohit

geek_rohit

In the zone
Hello to all you geeks out there? Well guys can u help me decide which Graphics Card to buy. My PC config is P4 2.8HT Prescott, 256 MB DDR400, 80 GB PATA, intel 865GBF Motherboard, 17" SyncMaster. So guys i have a budget of around Rs. 5000 to around 8000. I wish to play some decent games like DOOM 3 with some of the eye candy turned on. So plz help me! Also plz help me decide which GFX Card brand to buy. Heard that Gainward & Hercules are good. Asus are also good but costly. Curently interested in XFX. So plz help me.
Geek_Rohit

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
Raedon 9600 Pro is around 8K and it will give you decent frame rates. I think the 9800 is arond 8.5K in Mumbai. Bangalore its costlier. 9800 is a pretty good card better than the9600 Pro too.

KHUBBU

Journeyman
cud u plz elaborate on which brand 9800 r u talking about. its an SE/LE version.

is it better than 5700?

whats the price of 5700 ultra. plz give the brand also.

NikhilVerma

Padawan
Guys... I don't wanna create a new thread so I'm asking here...
My budget has increased to 10k's.... So what is the best card I can get in that amount????

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
icecoolz said:
Raedon 9600 Pro is around 8K and it will give you decent frame rates. I think the 9800 is arond 8.5K in Mumbai. Bangalore its costlier. 9800 is a pretty good card better than the9600 Pro too.

Well 9600 pro is 8.5k but no ! no brand of 9800 SE/NP is available @ 8.5k ! the closest is the powercolor 9800SE which costs 11k and can be softmodded to a 9800pro but there's a chance that this wont happen always ! So if u want to take a risk go ahead. One option at 6.5k is the 9600np best value for money.

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
NikhilVerma said:
My budget has increased to 10k's.... So what is the best card I can get in that amount????

Nikhil i'd suggest that u go for the 9800SE and try installing the Omega softmod drivers and convert it to a 9800 pro. If it works u will be saving 3-4k and if it doesn't u will not lose anything. Another card worthy of mention is the powercolor/Club3d 9600XT @ 10k.

KHUBBU

Journeyman
hi

my config is 2.8 ht, 865 mobo ( Asrock i65GV) , 256 DDR 400 , 80 GB + 20 GB. Its a Zenith PC and has this crappy mobo from asrock which has "AGI" not AGP and its manual says it supports only gfx cards listed on its site. The site says Radeon 9550 and 9600 series is not supported by AGI. They have never updated the site. *www.asrock.com/support/AGI8X_LIST/p4i65gv.htm

My budget is around 7 - 8.5k. plz suggect a good gfx card. it shud be enuf for atleast 1 -1.5 yrs. after that i will probably upgrade to a better solution.

how is MSI 5700 . plz give the price also with ur recommendations.

If somehow I can get 9800 for even 10k i will extend my budget.

Also plz suggest what shud I do to these Zenith guys. Shud I complain in the Consumer Protection Council. their tech personnel dont Know even what agp and gfx cards are. all they understand is onboard graphics and say "It has onboard AGP 8X".

Plz help.

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
KHUBBU said:
hi

my config is 2.8 ht, 865 mobo ( Asrock i65GV) , 256 DDR 400 , 80 GB + 20 GB. Its a Zenith PC and has this crappy mobo from asrock which has "AGI" not AGP and its manual says it supports only gfx cards listed on its site. The site says Radeon 9550 and 9600 series is not supported by AGI. They have never updated the site. *www.asrock.com/support/AGI8X_LIST/p4i65gv.htm

My budget is around 7 - 8.5k. plz suggect a good gfx card. it shud be enuf for atleast 1 -1.5 yrs. after that i will probably upgrade to a better solution.

how is MSI 5700 . plz give the price also with ur recommendations.

If somehow I can get 9800 for even 10k i will extend my budget.

Also plz suggest what shud I do to these Zenith guys. Shud I complain in the Consumer Protection Council. their tech personnel dont Know even what agp and gfx cards are. all they understand is onboard graphics and say "It has onboard AGP 8X".

Plz help.
Khubbu AGI is quite different frm AGP so i'm afraid u will have to choose from the options given @ the asrock site (which i am sure hasnt been updated much). Like i mentioned above the 9800SE with 4 pixelpipelines comes @ 11k so thats the closest u will get. Although there are a lot of gppd second hand 9800pro deals going on @ TA. Chk them if u can and make sure the card is supported before you buy the card.

@grinning_devil: The 9550, 9600, 9600SE, 9600XT series VGA cards are NOT supported with Khubbus mobo.

KHUBBU

Journeyman
THanks Blader runner,for the reply. none of the cards at TA are listed on my mobo list.

checked my mobo manual.

It has a slightly updated list:

Club 3D ATI R9800

Gigabyte GV R9000 PRO

Gigabyte GV 9700 PRO

POWER COLOR 9200

Now its given Club 3D ati R9800 only, what does this mean it is a SE version.?
And i dont think gigabyte still sells 9700 pro.
Can anyone plz give me contact details of Club 3D dealer in Delhi atleast.

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
KHUBBU said:
THanks Blader runner,for the reply. none of the cards at TA are listed on my mobo list. checked my mobo manual.
It has a slightly updated list:

Club 3D ATI R9800
Gigabyte GV R9000 PRO
Gigabyte GV 9700 PRO
POWER COLOR 9200

Now its given Club 3D ati R9800 only, what does this mean it is a SE version.?
And i dont think gigabyte still sells 9700 pro.
Can anyone plz give me contact details of Club 3D dealer in Delhi atleast.
Umm ..... u wont find any 9700 pros from gigabyte or any other manufacturer cuz they have been phased. Your only hope for the 9700 is 2nd hand.

Onto Club3d, Is the Model/Product code mentioned in your mobo manual. If it is then that would be really helpful. Club3d has the following variants in based on the 9800 chipset:
9800 XT, 9800 PRO, 9800 SE, 9800 LE. But your mobo manual lists a 9800 but theres no 9800 standard version as such so i really doubt it. Best thing to do would be to mail Asrock and ask them abt the card giving them the model no. for reference.

KHUBBU

Journeyman
Club 3D website lists only 9800 LE 128 MB and 9800 PRO 128 MB.
So I think its the LE version listed on my MOBO manual.

GV- N57L256D (5700 LE gigabyte) and 5700 TD128 (Most probably MSI) are also listed. So I think I shud go for these two. Will they be able to last for a year or so?

Club 3d site says BigByte is their dealer in India.

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
KHUBBU said:
Club 3D website lists only 9800 LE 128 MB and 9800 PRO 128 MB.
So I think its the LE version listed on my MOBO manual.

GV- N57L256D (5700 LE gigabyte) and 5700 TD128 (Most probably MSI) are also listed. So I think I shud go for these two. Will they be able to last for a year or so?

Club 3d site says BigByte is their dealer in India.
Umm no if u look carefully the club3d site has all the the variants i listed, but thats not the point here. Also remember that the LE version is the crappiest among them since it has 4 pps, 128 bit memory and chances of a softmod are very less. Also another thing is Club only sells the pro and xt variants no LE/SE stuff. Powercolor does that though only for SE. So your choices are very limited. :(

Basically i would suggest any to stay away from the Fx series but since u dont have many choices .......... but dont expect the LE to go on for a Year. If u can sell ur mobo for a better one that's b the best thing to do imo since u will be losing out on a good gfx card under the present circumstances. just my 2 cents.

OP
geek_rohit

geek_rohit

In the zone
Hey Guys. Thanks for the posts, after seeing your posts, I have shortlisted the nVIDIA 5700, Radeon 9600, Radeon 9800, now plz help me up with the brand. I have on my mind XFX. Is it nice. Also if anyone can give me the prices in Delhi.
PS: It's taking me lot of convincing to go for ATi, as I'm a nVIDIA Fan. See my Sig. Anyways which should I finally go for.

Major-Minor

Broken In
NikhilVerma said:

You could get the 9600xt for about 9.5K and the 9800pro for 11.5k. I own a 9600xt and I must say I am totally satisfied with its performance.
So within your budget the best card is the ATi 9600XT.

geek_rohit said:
Hey Guys. Thanks for the posts, after seeing your posts, I have shortlisted the nVIDIA 5700, Radeon 9600, Radeon 9800, now plz help me up with the brand. I have on my mind XFX. Is it nice. Also if anyone can give me the prices in Delhi.
PS: It's taking me lot of convincing to go for ATi, as I'm a nVIDIA Fan. See my Sig. Anyways which should I finally go for.

I say skip the 5700, between the 9800 and the 9600, obviously the 9800 is better, but then it all boils down to your budget, if you are willing to spend more, go for the Club3D 9800pro, the memory is factory overclocked, you also get a 2 year warranty and a HL-2 coupon. I own the Club3D 9600xt, no problems for me so far and the memory is factory o/c by 38mhz. All games run fabulously well, especially HL-2.

If however you want to go in only for an Nvidia, budget willing, the 6600GT priced @ Rs. 14.5k is the best card for you, within that budget.

Mind you people I am not here for a Nvidia vs ATi fight (one of my friends here (Anidex) left because of such constant fights he had here) , I am just suggesting the best card, within the particular price-range. If your budget range is on the higher side say 14-16k, the 6600GT AGP is the best card, there is right now.

[poWer]

Oldskool TranceAddict
Go 4 Nvidia 6800non ultra. don't forget to purchase a Powerpack! Ultra GFX card from Gainward only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom