Help me choose between Xperia Pro and Xperia U/Sola

Polymorph

Right off the assembly line
Hi guys

I wanted to buy a new phone the next week, and wanted it to be an android. After careful consideration, I have narrowed it down to Xperia Pro and the 'new' Xperia U/Sola. I really love Pro, as I am a bit of texter, the physical keyboard will be a boon, and an 8 MP camera with exmor-r sensor is also amazing. But, as it is outdated, is not dual core, and the Mali400 GPU in U/Sola slightly beats the adreno 205 one in pro, I am worried about its future. Will it be able to fare well for 1.5-2 years?

Also, Sola users, is the battery as bad as everyone's saying? I don't want to recharge a phone 2 times in a single day. :/

Thanks!

duke123

In the zone
Hi guys

I wanted to buy a new phone the next week, and wanted it to be an android. After careful consideration, I have narrowed it down to Xperia Pro and the 'new' Xperia U/Sola. I really love Pro, as I am a bit of texter, the physical keyboard will be a boon, and an 8 MP camera with exmor-r sensor is also amazing. But, as it is outdated, is not dual core, and the Mali400 GPU in U/Sola slightly beats the adreno 205 one in pro, I am worried about its future. Will it be able to fare well for 1.5-2 years?

Also, Sola users, is the battery as bad as everyone's saying? I don't want to recharge a phone 2 times in a single day. :/

Thanks!

i am an xperia u user and its an eye candy..lightning strip is awesome...but internal memory is only 6GB(2Gb for apps and 4 GB user accessible)...so there is no point in having dual core/mali 400 because you can hardly run any apps/games that uses these to full extent...

OP
P

Polymorph

Any Xperia Pro/Sola users out there??
I have to make a decision by today, so please help me as fast as you can.

Thanks!

OP
P

Polymorph

Any Xperia Pro/Sola users here?
I have to decide by today, so please help me as soon as you can.

Thanks for your help.

aroraanant

Explorer
None of the above mentioned phones are future proof as they have only 512mb ram.
If you want a future proof phone then get a phone with 1GB RAM.

perplexed

Journeyman
rather than Xperia P go for Galaxy S2 especially since the price difference has narrowed down after the recent price cut of Galaxy series !!

OP
P

Polymorph

rather than Xperia P go for Galaxy S2 especially since the price difference has narrowed down after the recent price cut of Galaxy series !!

I was not referring to Xperia P. I was actually referring to Xperia Pro, a 2011 physical QWERTY model.

bhushan2k

Genius in making mistakes
All three phones are not future proof.... Just 512 mb ram.. Not at all enough.. My friend owns xperia sola.. I asked her which games u played on it.. She said not much... When she stars playing phone hangs.. It's definitely obvious... I use xperia p.. It's rocking awesome.. 1gb ram... Played all high end games flawlessly... When I see running processes it says 450 - 500mb memory used and 300+mb free... So just think when u start any game on either of any phone u have mentioned how will it run that too smoothly in 50mb ram?

So better to increase budget else forget future proof tag...

bubusam13

Human
Of your choice go for Xperia Pro.

I now think why I have not purchased it. Having an physical qwerty keypad is very very useful. It even saves screen space required for virtual keypad.
And if you want bigger screen and gaming, better buy a tablet. I think a phone should be something easy to carry, easy to handle. Being a smartphone has added advantages, but fot big screen I prefer 10" screen. There is the pleasure

cray.x

Broken In
Of your choice go for Xperia Pro.

I now think why I have not purchased it. Having an physical qwerty keypad is very very useful. It even saves screen space required for virtual keypad.
And if you want bigger screen and gaming, better buy a tablet. I think a phone should be something easy to carry, easy to handle. Being a smartphone has added advantages, but fot big screen I prefer 10" screen. There is the pleasure

slider phones aur bhi jaldi kharab hote hai!!!!! dekhlo yar!

Nighthawk12

In the zone
All three phones are not future proof.... Just 512 mb ram.. Not at all enough.. My friend owns xperia sola.. I asked her which games u played on it.. She said not much... When she stars playing phone hangs.. It's definitely obvious... I use xperia p.. It's rocking awesome.. 1gb ram... Played all high end games flawlessly... When I see running processes it says 450 - 500mb memory used and 300+mb free... So just think when u start any game on either of any phone u have mentioned how will it run that too smoothly in 50mb ram?

So better to increase budget else forget future proof tag...
Not true.
I have XPeria U same as Sola 512m ram etc.
I can play any hd gmes without any lag(Expect some gameloft titles that are not supported for Novathor)
Like Modern COmbat3, Nova 3, GTa 3 all runs flawlessly.

cray.x

Broken In
touch screen mei typing problem hota hai. And it actually depends on usage

yeah if u txt very badly then a screen size of 4" is appropriate for the keyboard layout. this is a suggestion from this month's magazine! ;) apart from that the keyboard layout varies from manufacturer to manufacturer!

cray.x

Broken In
u cant correctly type with 1 hand or type without looking while in class with touch screen phone

yeah that i agree nothing can beat that thing, i myself use a T9 dictionary on my old K750 phone! one hand txt at ur service every time any time!

reddick

Mobile Freak
Not true.
I have XPeria U same as Sola 512m ram etc.
I can play any hd gmes without any lag(Expect some gameloft titles that are not supported for Novathor)
Like Modern COmbat3, Nova 3, GTa 3 all runs flawlessly.

That's correct :!:
Even I play Frontline Commando, Bombshell : Hell, etc. games on my Xperia U without any problem. :twisted:
Xperia U just launched 2 months back n it is a future proof phone. I really enjoy watching n recording crispy clear videos, music, games etc.
Lightening Strip makes it unique also :cool:

Top Bottom