Help me choose between Xperia Pro and Xperia U/Sola

cray.x

Broken In
That's correct :!:
Even I play Frontline Commando, Bombshell : Hell, etc. games on my Xperia U without any problem. :twisted:
Xperia U just launched 2 months back n it is a future proof phone. I really enjoy watching n recording crispy clear videos, music, games etc.
Lightening Strip makes it unique also :cool:

ok lets agree on each and every thing but what can u do for 4GB of internal memory and no expandable slot!

perplexed

Journeyman
guys, 512 MB maybe sufficient at present but when you are spending 20k on a phone, better try to go for one which is future proof..

bhushan2k

Genius in making mistakes
op if u still havent brought your phone do check out XOLO X900

Poor display quality.. Many apps won't run on that uneven resolution... Build quality is not up to mark. Not a great 8mp shooter... No ics out.. Forget jb.. No developer custom support.. I was going to take it but changed decision after getting hands-on experience...

Only plus point is... Atom architecture is great... Smoother experience.. No lags at all.. Browsing is smoothest ever.. Pages loads pretty fast.. If ics or jb out, experience will be more fluid...

Last edited:
OP
P

Polymorph

Right off the assembly line
Any Xperia Pro user who can give pros/cons about the device??

I was actually more tilted towards Pro, but now I am in a great dilemma. Everyone seems to be of same opinion of buying U/Sola, but no Pro user mentioned anything bad about Pro.

Also, U/Sola users, what about the battery issue? Does it drain very fast with moderate usage?

bhushan2k

@polymorph, xperia pro is indeed a great phone having one topmost feature i.e. 8mp Exmor R sensor...but 2011 phone..single core proccy, andreno 205 (which is outdated now), no jb and further updates...sliding keyboard is great..but it will create a problem in future...obviously it depends on the way of your handling...if i had 13-14k ka FIXED budget then i would definitely have gone with pro..it would have been best vfm deal...

get any sony phone...battery drains fast on heavy usage like gaming, browsing...but plus point, drained battery charges fast too...

so tell us ur final budget and main requirements..then suggestions will open nicely..

ajaymailed

In the zone
Motos once Flagship model Razr for Rs 22K at Flipkart
Motorola RAZR XT910: Price in India, Reviews, Specification: Flipkart.com
4.3 Super AMOLED 960X540 , 1.2 Ghz Dual Core, 1 GB RAM, 8 MP 1080P, 1.3 MP Front Cam, 16 GB Internal, Upto 32 GB SD Card

Moto Atrix 2 at 19K, HTC Sensation at 22K, Sensation XE for 23-24K, Galaxy S2 for 24 - 25K, One S for 24 -25K, Xperia S for 25 - 26K, Xperia P for 22-23K.
All these have dual core procs, gigabyte of RAM, large screens & 8 MP Cam 1080P Res.

Last edited:
OP
P

Polymorph

I am actually thinking of buying from ebay. Its from a trusted seller, so dont worry. Both cost around 13000 rs = my budget.
I have seen a Xperia pro which was not lagging at all, adreno 205 is updated with new drivers so that its performance > Mali400 (Google adreno 205 JB libs), and a qwerty+8 MP Exmor R will always do wonders, no matter what. But still, 2011 phone, single core+old processor, dying support.

Xperia Sola/U : better phone in processor and future support, but equivalent/lacks behind in nearly everything else(even battery :/ + I dont care about NFC)

:pullhair:

I dont know what to do .. :D :/

OP
P

Polymorph

Are to phir hamesha wait hi karta reh jaunga .. :p
Holidays ka time hai, isliye abhi hi lena hai .. :)

bubusam13

Human
Are to phir hamesha wait hi karta reh jaunga .. :p
Holidays ka time hai, isliye abhi hi lena hai .. :)

Tell u one thing... in most cases you will enjoy the first few months,,, then get bored. And when you unlock bootloader you will loose warranty. So even if you wanna do some custom mod like thing, you have to wait 1 year.

Last but not the least, I waited 1 1/2 year for somthing new model, and everytime a new model is launched,people ask to wait for the next model to come. wait karta hi reh jayega... you may get nic phone if you wait, but maynot get also. Decission is yours.

And mobile screen is really small for real computing tasks. Better get a Nokia, and get a tablet additionally to enjoy the most of android. My N72 is still working and its 2 MP 300dpi camera easily beats a SE 5 MP camera. I will put photo if you want proof.

I got LWW coz its small though coz I face problem riding bike with a big phone in my pocket.

Last edited:

bhushan2k

Last but not the least, I waited 1 1/2 year for somthing new model, and everytime a new model is launched,people ask to wait for the next model to come. wait karta hi reh jayega... you may get nic phone if you wait, but maynot get also. Decission is yours.

m not telling him to wait to see whether any new mobile is getting lauched..m telling him to wait n raise ur budget..if he waits for 2 months n tries to extend his budget upto 21-21k, even htc one s or xperia s will be getting at that price range...so what i meant to say is 20-22k enough to buy future proof phone nowadays...i waited for a year for 20k budget...before a year i had just 10k ka budget..

bubusam13

Human
m not telling him to wait to see whether any new mobile is getting lauched..m telling him to wait n raise ur budget..if he waits for 2 months n tries to extend his budget upto 21-21k, even htc one s or xperia s will be getting at that price range...so what i meant to say is 20-22k enough to buy future proof phone nowadays...i waited for a year for 20k budget...before a year i had just 10k ka budget..

I am not telling him about you, I am telling him that this happens here. Suggestions are good offcourse but they will always ask to wait. And will ask to extend budget a little. Always.

Top Bottom