Help me choose a motherboard?

Cilus

laborare est orare
Better ask SMC regarding the information about the board. It is still present in their web site.

OP
prankie

prankie

D PrankMaster
thats not an opiton, as i already placed the order on saturday evening along with MX-2 thermal paste.. they'll be dispatching the package today i suppose...

OP
prankie

prankie

D PrankMaster
Finally got my motherboard yesterday by Fedex.. Thanks to all the members for helping me out.. :)
Uploading few pics of the board, will assemble it later when I return from office..

*img546.imageshack.us/img546/7103/dsc0268small.jpg
*img440.imageshack.us/img440/9439/dsc0269small.jpg
*img51.imageshack.us/img51/9922/dsc0270small.jpg
*img88.imageshack.us/img88/8348/dsc0271small.jpg
*img411.imageshack.us/img411/7449/dsc0272small.jpg
*img848.imageshack.us/img848/7915/dsc0273small.jpg

btw, I got it from primeabgb and its Rev 3.0 :)

Cilus

laborare est orare
Congrats prankie on your purchase. Yes it is the Rev 3.1 mobo and an AM3+ one. REally gr8 board.

OP
prankie

prankie

D PrankMaster
@cilus, mithun,

While installing the board in my cabinet, when i touched the heatsink (Blue one) which has Turbo3D written over it, I found that it was not fixed to the board, like it was slipping over the board.. so will I have to take out the heatsink and apply the thermal paste, or will it settle gradually with heat once the system starts running?
btw, the system boots perfectly with no problem whatsoever, I have not yet installed the OS.. also the BIOS is a bit old fashioned..

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
That is the NB heatsink. I think it's held in place by 2 white plastic screws. In any case, it should not be slipping over. What temps are you getting btw?

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
@prankie that is ok don't worry no need to remove it since is fixed by the plastic screws it will slip a little either side i have seen other boards installed with same mechanism do

go ahead & install the os

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Can't remember if the 880GM-UD2H in my parent's PC do the same. Both the boards look same btw.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Finally got my motherboard yesterday by Fedex.. Thanks to all the members for helping me out.. :)
Uploading few pics of the board, will assemble it later when I return from office..
*img546.imageshack.us/img546/7103/dsc0268small.jpg
*img440.imageshack.us/img440/9439/dsc0269small.jpg
*img51.imageshack.us/img51/9922/dsc0270small.jpg
*img88.imageshack.us/img88/8348/dsc0271small.jpg
*img411.imageshack.us/img411/7449/dsc0272small.jpg
*img848.imageshack.us/img848/7915/dsc0273small.jpg
btw, I got it from primeabgb and its Rev 3.0 :)

congrats on your purchase!!

OP
prankie

prankie

D PrankMaster
Had a hard time installing OS in the system, firstly in the setup windows wont identify any of the hdd in RAID 0 setup!! then when I tried installing on normal native IDE mode then the OS would identify only one of my 2 hdd!! and when I continued further with the installation, it would give error that "windows cannot install in this partition check setup log" and blah blah...
everything got fine when I removed one of my hdd from the board.. finished win 7 installation, now came another problem.. out of my 500gb i allocated 80 gb for windows and left rest as unallocated space. Remaining space was partitioned by me in 2 equal parts (un-formatted), in windows I formatted first partition, it went without any hiccup, but when the turn came of second partition it failed to quick format.. so I started complete format and have left the system idle.. the other hdd is left unconnected.. :( I hope by the time I reach home, everything works out..

btw, does connecting hdd's sata connection to different sata port makes a difference in their behavior?? sorry for the noob question, I have been away from the tech domain for a while so my knowledge has faded a bit...

Cilus

laborare est orare
^^ Mithun, after installing the OS in IDE mode, changing it to AHCI mode won't work. The system will fail to boot if the setup is changed to AHCI mode. You need to install OS after selecting the HDD to AHCI mode.

prankie, it looks like that your HDD has some bad sectors and that's why complete system format or low level format is required.

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
switching from ide to achi will cause 0x7B bsod in xp but i am not sure about win7 anyway there is no harm in trying try it & let us know
@prankie read this
AHCI vs IDE – Benchmark & Advantage « Expertester

OP
prankie

prankie

D PrankMaster
Finally system is all set.. :) all games are running fine and the second hdd is also working perfectly.. but I'm loosing 240GB of first hard drive which is not getting formatted even after deep format from windows! please recommend a s/w for cleaning bad sectors and deep formatting.?

Top Bottom