help me choose a laptop!!

bee

Journeyman
budget : 40k [maximum 2-3k more]

company preferences : none

main purpose : as much gaming as possible :-D and a little bit CAD

which games : all the new ones :-D i have almost played all the games which my current PC allows (core2duo, 128mb integrated :\ )

when to buy : january,2013

place : chandigarh

p.s. i wish to have a problemless lappy, cant go to the service centres from my hostel :|

amjath

Human Spambot
^ good suggestion
please do check these too
Asus K53SM-SX010D Laptop (2nd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 750GB/ DOS/ 2GB Graph): Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Asus Notebook
it comes with dos

OP
bee

bee

Journeyman
one has Radeon 7670M HD ;1GB other has NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M ;2GB
which ones better?

OP
bee

bee

Journeyman
one thing i encountered while reading some reviews was that hp's lappy is a glossy one
with a plasticy feel
even fingerprints tend to stay
what do i do :wah:

@sam, why am i having a bit of attraction to asus!!!!!!!!

OP
bee

bee

Journeyman
found this :
HP Pavilion DV4-5009TX Laptop 2nd Ci5/6GB/640GB/Win 7 HB/2GB Graphics with Beats Audio: Flipkart.com

mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn........ beats audio :hyper:

only bloody stupid thing, its 14 inches only :banghead:

any hope for upgradation in this?

OP
bee

bee

Journeyman
i have a fetish for beats audio :D
just kiddin
keeping that aside
Samsung NP300V5A-S0GIN 2nd gen Ci5/4GB/1TB/1GB graphics/Win 7 HP: Flipkart.com
this just came down from nowhere!

2sam, nd u also mentioned in one thread, is there a new model for asus k53sm or a refresh?

and they say hp has heating issues :pullhair:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
GPU in the samsung lappy you linked:
NVIDIA GeForce 520MX
even Intel HD4000 is faster than this GPU. Hope you get an idea how crap this GPU is.

was expecting a refresh for K53SM with better spec at same price but till now Asus has completely disappointing everyone. Announced just a single APU based laptop that also at the last and was overpriced. No refresh for the budget as well as midrange lineup. Or if there is any refresh, yet to be launched here.

and they say hp has heating issues :pullhair:

whoever say HP has heating problem, ask them to stop playing games. Or play highend games in a similar laptop from Dell/Acer and post what they find. Samsung 550P was suffering throttling issue and some users are still facing it. One can't expect game at a budget without running into some problem. Laptops are not made for highend games. Till people don't understand it, they'll keep complaining/shouting.

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
I know people who will say great things about HP Coolsense.
I have used two HP laptops, DV6-2164TX [more than 2 years now] and DV6-6140TX [nearly 1.5 years], yet to have any issues with them and I am satisfied.
But then, "THEY" say failure rates in DV6 series is pretty high.

Now, about gaming on laptops, dude, seriously, 40k is not enough to build a decent gaming desktop and you are asking here for a decent gaming laptop.
Sam has suggested you one of the best options you can have - and in this budget, you dont have many options.
Check out the review of the graphics card on that one, Google it a bit. You will come to know about them. Else you will end up with a laptop with NVIDIA GeForce 520MX.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
but then they say good things about asus' icecool technology :unsure:

ice cool is not a tech. just they place the processor/GPU away from palmrest so one doesn't feel the heat as easily as in case of HP. but the laptop will still heat as usual.

OP
bee

bee

Journeyman
@arsenal, thanks for the headsup!

@sam
*www.flipkart.com/lenovo-ideapad-z580-59-333346-laptop-3rd-gen-ci5-4gb-500gb-win7-hb/p/itmdajfgjumztw5h
what about this?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
wait for HP's extended warranty offer to be back. Then go for one. Lenovo's warranty is nothing compared to HP.

OP
bee

bee

Journeyman
hmmmm.....lets hope its back by january!

one thing more, can you give me links where someone has bought this and reviewed?

Top Bottom