help me choose a good gaming desktop pc configuration among three?

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
hi, im from kerala.i asked for a low end gaming conf,here,yesterday for 21000 rs excluding the monitor.i went to shops but i couldnt find the suggested amd processor(x4 630\635\640\645)only processor i can get is an x2 260 and the next processor is a phenom 955 which i cant afford.

so i went to 3 shops and got the following conf.

1)intel e 5700 3 ghz
4gb ddr3 ram
500 sata hdd
16 lcd
22x dvd drive
multimedia speakers
kb and mouse
cabinet
gt 520 1gb ddr 3 graphic card
v guard ups 600 v
for 29690 inr

2)amd athlon x2 260 3.2 ghz
msi motherboard
4 gb ram
320 hdd
ati 6670[ 5150 inr]
18.5 monitor
atx cabinet
kb mouse
ups 500
dvd rw
for 26670 inr

3)Amd x2 260 3.2 ghz
motherboard m4n68
4 gb ddr3 ram
250 hdd
18.5 led vewsonic
mercury ups
samsung rw
speakers
cabinet
kb mouse
nvidia 210(2000 inr)

for 22680 inr

which one should i go for?suggest any changes,is the nvidia 210 any good?please help me,im planning to buy tommorow.thanks

Cilus

laborare est orare
Please read the Thread *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-components-configurations/149943-pc-build-questionnaire-template.html and post it after filling up the questions present there.

Intel Dual Core e5700 should be avoided at all cost. The AMD one is not recommended. If you can't find in local shops, you can always look for Online shopping.

OP
Nanducob

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Generic answers will not work. Be exact and avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans:mostly gaming and some movies, surfing

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:25000-27000 rs includes monitor

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:maybe

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:
xp
5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:250 or 320

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:758 x 1034 and higher

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:nothing

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans:tommorow!

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:nope

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:
kerala and shops at my region sux.
11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: whats a good site to buy the parts online?

Cilus

laborare est orare
Here is your config:

AMD Athlon II X4 640 @ 4.8K
Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2P (rev. 3.1) @ 2.8K
Corsair 4GB 1333 MHz DDR3 @ 1.2K
Seagate 250 GB SATA HDD @ 3.4K
LG 22X DVD R/W @ 0.9K
Zebronics bijli Cabinet w/o PSU @ 1.1K
FSP SAGA II 500W PSU @ 2.4K
Acer P206HQ 20" Display (1600X900) @ 5.2K
Logitech MK100 Keyboard and Mouse Combo @ 0.5K
Zebronics 600VA UPS @ 1.2K
Sapphire HD 5670 512 MB GDDR5 version @ 4.2K

Total 27.7K.

The most convenient way for Online shoping is using Flipkart as currently they are keeping a lots of computer components.
Computer Components: Graphics Card, TV Tuner Cards Hardware: Intel, AMD, XFX : Flipkart.com

Other sites are

smcinternational.in
theitwares.com
deltapage.com
mdcomputers.in

Before puirchasing mail them asking about all the require components, price and availability. Once response received you may proceed further. All of them are very good and most of the forum members have experience with them. I'm also included. Also you can buy different components from different shops to minimize the cost.

$$Lionking$$

In the zone
Small Changes -

AMD Athlon II X3 450 @ 3.5K
Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2P (rev. 3.1) @ 2.8K
Corsair 2x2GB 1333 MHz DDR3 @ 1.4K
Seagate 250 GB SATA HDD @ 3.4K
LG 22X DVD R/W @ 0.9K
Zebronics bijli Cabinet w/o PSU @ 1.1K
FSP SAGA II 500W PSU @ 2.4K
Acer P206HQ 20" Display (1600X900) @ 5.2K
Logitech MK100 Keyboard and Mouse Combo @ 0.5K
Zebronics 600VA UPS @ 1.2K
Sapphire HD 6670 1 GB GDDR5 version @ 5K

Total 27.4K

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
@$$Lionking$$,availability of AMD Athlon II X3 450 is an issue.also 2*2 gb is not recommended because it poses problems in future if some one wants to upgrade memory from 4gb.

$$Lionking$$

In the zone
whitestar - X3 450 is available.

@2x2GB - Unless you have a typical usage - 8 GB of ram for gaming/surfing/movies seems insane. @Upgrade - if the OP upgrades 2 or more years from now - it will not be the ram!!! ;)

dont worry!!! 2x2GB is the right way to go!! and anyways you can sell 1 stick and buy a higher capacity stick...!!

Cilus

laborare est orare
But Lionking, the motherboard has only two slots and buying two 2GB module will simply stop him from any kind of memory upgrading without selling one of the existing modules. 2ndly there are couple of tasks like working with the RAW images from SLR and applying multiple filters on it, which needs a little extra memory. I'm talking from my experience. Also in 3Ds MAX while viewing some 3D models by applying some complex filters, the extra memory will always help.

Another thing is 4GB memory modules are dirt cheap now a days. So OP can add another 4GB module within couple of months to get the advantage of dual channel mode. So better to go with the current standard size of memory module, will keep open the future upgrade path and better compatibility as well as save one memory module.

Top Bottom