help me buy a mobile !

Status
Not open for further replies.

do2blehelix

Broken In
First of all a Hi to all :)

Next to the point.
Ok, I need to buy a mobile price range avg 9000 (and maybe a tad higher) :rolleyes:

Requirements :
GOOD camera
A little better music player
A longlasting battery life (listening to music)
Good Ergonomics (i mean the keypad should have distinct keys, the joystick should be good and most of all they shouldnot expire after a year of so)
Slim mobile preferred

So I narrowed my choices to Sony Ericsson
mainly K790i and W302(yet to be released) :!:

Now i request you guys to guide me through this !!
I am not a SE fan and i can opt for other sets too !

Any suggestions for the better will be taken with utmost thanks !:smile:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, K790i is completely right for you. It may cost you a Rs.400 bucks more.

It has got the best in class 3.2mp camera with AutoFocus & Xenon flash. Plus, as you can extend your budget, you can also get HPM-70 earphones and now you're the King of both music & camera.

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
What about K810i. Isn't it better than K790i? He said he will go a tad higher.I am myself thinking of getting K810i phone today.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
What about K810i. Isn't it better than K790i? He said he will go a tad higher.I am myself thinking of getting K810i phone today.
K790i has EDGE but it lacks 3G, whereas K810i has 3G but it lacks EDGE......

Both have the same interface, software, camera module etc.......

When 3G is going to be launched, it will not be affordable and EDGE gives you decent speed of ~200kbps, it will become more cheaper........:)

You can go for the K810i if you want....It depends on which phone you like....even considering the looks.....:)

Offtopic: What about UrT??......Its been long since I saw you in Hellsheaven....

OP
D

do2blehelix

Broken In
thanks guys !! :smile:

i prefer the k790 over the k810 as k790 has a good keypad .....better than the k810i -- right ?? :p

and about 3g / EDGE -- none of the worries me !!

btw which one of them is the better ?? :!:

PS : I dont know anything about 3G / EDGE !! :confused:

azzu

AJJU
yea k790i has better keypad right and the cam Xellent (same as k810i)
and about 3g and edge
they r just network based
which 3g will give u high net speed and edge dat slower but prices gonna b bit higher
so dont worry about that me too proud owner of k790i

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
btw which one of them is the better ?? :!:
Both are same internally....They've got the same camera module, same internal software etc.......Just the difference is in the looks and EDGE/3G.

EDGE promises you speed upto 236kbps if you subscribe to an EDGE enabled service like Airtel Mobile Office for Rs.500 per month Unlimited. 3G is not available in India, and it promises you higher speeds than EDGE, but when it will be launched it is definitely going to be expensive....And when it will be launched, EDGE prices will come down...:D So, again K790i will be a better choice....;)

K790i was also my preference for my mom. Go ahead with it...:)

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
First of all a Hi to all :)

Next to the point.
Ok, I need to buy a mobile price range avg 9000 (and maybe a tad higher) :rolleyes:

Requirements :
GOOD camera
A little better music player
A longlasting battery life (listening to music)
Good Ergonomics (i mean the keypad should have distinct keys, the joystick should be good and most of all they shouldnot expire after a year of so)
Slim mobile preferred

So I narrowed my choices to Sony Ericsson
mainly K790i and W302(yet to be released) :!:

Now i request you guys to guide me through this !!
I am not a SE fan and i can opt for other sets too !

Any suggestions for the better will be taken with utmost thanks !:smile:
I'll suggest you Samsung D900i instead. It has a good 3mp camera with auto-focus, is very slim and has good music. Keypad is also fine. It is also available under 10k.

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz
IMO, K790i should be an optimum choice for you.
And about others, see.... Nokia 3500 Classic is available for just 5500 bucks and packs all the features u are asking for. (Not as gr8 as K790 ofcourse! But see the price!) From mp3 player to a descent 2mp camera, its bang for bucks!!
You can also consider 5310EE and 6300.

OP
D

do2blehelix

Broken In
IMO, K790i should be an optimum choice for you.
And about others, see.... Nokia 3500 Classic is available for just 5500 bucks and packs all the features u are asking for. (Not as gr8 as K790 ofcourse! But see the price!) From mp3 player to a descent 2mp camera, its bang for bucks!!
You can also consider 5310EE and 6300.

the nokia 3500 is good (i agree with you)
and the others ( i considered even them too )
5300 : not that good (read really sucking) camera :mad:
6300 : bad battery life :mad:

=========================================================

and just for the sake of knowledge : how much maybe will the SE W595 cost ??

Last edited:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
ALSO CAN ANY OF YOU TELL ME WHAT IS BETTER (I FOUND IT NOW) :
K790i OR K770i

AND WHAT ARE THEIR PRICES ?
K790i is better because it has much much powerful Xenon flash and a bigger screen by 0.1inch. You'll be able to get the K790i for 9.3K with a 1GB M2 card.

K770i is obviously cheaper (8K), but K790i is the way to go because it promises you much more.

OP
D

do2blehelix

Broken In
K790i is better because it has much much powerful Xenon flash and a bigger screen by 0.1inch. You'll be able to get the K790i for 9.3K with a 1GB M2 card.

K770i is obviously cheaper (8K), but K790i is the way to go because it promises you much more.

screen not too much of a problem !
are you sure about the k770 price ?? (coz i search results show its costlier)

The promises are not much much more (the main difference being the Xenon Flash !!).......but in k770i battery talktime is more and its slimmer !!!!

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
K770i is much more expensive compared to K790i. K790i costs around 9k while K770i costs around 11k.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom