help!jelp!

Status
Not open for further replies.

anzaan

Broken In
hi ppl... i have a prob

my windows xp (sp2) pc doesnt starts. the error displayed is

explorer.exe-unable to locate the component
The application has failed to start because iertutil.dll was not found. re-installing the application may fix the problem.

the same error is displayed wen i try to open any file ( by accessing the files in command mode). also the none of the audio files play.
the only way i can access my files is by command mode. the files run fine except for the audio files.

can anyone help me to solve this problems.....plzz.

i had uniinstalled ie7 from my pc as there were some probs wt it. and then downloaded the same from microsoft site. it asked for authentication of my version of xp. after installing it, it asked to restart the system. bt instead i used the ie for a while and then restarted. the ie was working fine bfr restarting. nw xp doesnt starts. may be this installing n uninstalling of ie7 has sumthing to do wt the problem????

plzz help....

Batistabomb

Deadman Walking
wrong step

hai u done the most wrong thing in uninstalling IE7 we should not directly uninstall ie7 in XP sp2 any how delete the registry entry of internet explorer in HKEYLOCALMACHINE->SOFTWARE->MICROSOFT-WINDOWS->CURRENTVERSION->UNINSTALL,HERE U SEARCH ALL FROM TOP TO BOTTOM FOR INTERNET EXPLORER 7 AND DELETE THE KEY BY RIGHT CLICKING ON THEM,then again try to install

OP
anzaan

anzaan

Broken In
bt how i do access the 'hkey localmachine...' .. i m nt able to use xp explorer. i can nly use the pc in coomand prompt. n i dnt knw how to access registry in command prompt....

morpheusv6

Journeyman
Open the task Managar ( Ctrl+Shift+Esc).
Go to the applications tab.
Click on new task.
Type in: regedit
to open the registry editor and follow the instructions given in the previous post.

OP
anzaan

anzaan

Broken In
k. thanx ppl.. i uninstalled ie7. and also have downloaded n pasted the the missing "iertutil.dll" file in windows\system32.

nw there is another error propping up

"ordinal 56 could not be located in dynamic link library iertutil.dll"

it props up everytime i try to open any application. its very irratating. some of the .wmv audio tracks i m nt able to play.
i have uninstalled ie7 completely.

i downloaded the "iertutill.dll" file from www.dll-files.com

can anyone help....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom