Help in writing reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashfame

Padawan
Hi to all,
i havnt written any review on anything till now but now il be writing for ma blog.
So pl tell me wt to write in reviews (Pts.) of websites, softwares, games etc.
Pl help me in this!:D

Sourabh

Laptoping
Focus on the basics. Don't let some proprietary technologies and jargon cloud your judgement. Whatever you review, give some thought on the important aspects of the 'stuff'. How good it is at those aspects and is it worth using/buying it. Is it your best option when compared with the other alternatives. Once you cover all these things, you can then work on improving the content and language used to jazz it up. In other things, write small meaningful sentences. It's very easy to go wrong in this.

When you're done, read it once from the readers point of view. Update if you feel there are some changes needed.

Just my views...

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
One important point is that you review it from the end users' point of view. It is a must.

Suppose you are reviewing a software, it does not help users if you go on and on about the sort of engine it uses or where the code has been derived from or whether it is open source or not. Yes, you have to mention those points but they won't really help people who actually are going to use that software. Instead, you should focus on what the interface is like, what are the features, whether it is free or paid, comparison with competitors, etc.

Also, before you publish a set of drawbacks for any thing, make sure that you search Google well and those drawbacks actually exist. It often happens that people state in their review that some feature from a software is missing and it later turns out that the feature is right in front of your eyes. This hurts your credibility.

Hope you write some great reviews! :)

OP
ashfame

ashfame

Padawan
thanx sourabh & aryayush!
I'l b wrking on software reviews soon.
Meanwhile my review on game LF2 is here : *tech4sure.blogspot.com/
Pl check it n tell me if sumthng is missin or its gud!

Another review on Trillian : *tech4sure.blogspot.com/
Pl check it n tell me if sumthng is missin or its gud!

Last edited:

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
as I have already said to u, Be ur self... There is no mean running a Blog like aother thousands of Blog posting same new in same style... U will be noticed only when u have a unique style of Writting or expressing ur self...

So in the blog be ur self, write what u like not what New is .... Be ur self a be unique !!

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
  • Ease of Access
  • Ease of Navigation
  • Content
  • How Much on topic and how much off topic
  • Support
  • Connetion Speed
  • Design
  • Down time

OP
ashfame

ashfame

Padawan
Choto Cheeta said:
as I have already said to u, Be ur self... There is no mean running a Blog like aother thousands of Blog posting same new in same style... U will be noticed only when u have a unique style of Writting or expressing ur self...

So in the blog be ur self, write what u like not what New is .... Be ur self a be unique !!
thanx, ur guidance is helping me a lot!

Choto Cheeta said:
  • Ease of Access
  • Ease of Navigation
  • Content
  • How Much on topic and how much off topic
  • Support
  • Connetion Speed
  • Design
  • Down time
thanx again buddy!

Last edited: