help in starting movie ticket project

bijay_ps

Broken In
Hello friends!! I want to develop a online movie ticket project using either c or c++ language. But I am a bit confused that from where should I start. I mean on which platform. For general coding purpose I have always used either GCC or Turbo C compiler. And I don't knw database connectivity also. So please help me with some suggestions.

amohit

Broken In
What is your focus here. Getting more hands on experience on C/C++ or developing the online project? For web based applications (I assume by online you meant web based) there are better technologies available.

Regards,
Mohit

OP
bijay_ps

bijay_ps

Broken In
What is your focus here. Getting more hands on experience on C/C++ or developing the online project? For web based applications (I assume by online you meant web based) there are better technologies available.

Regards,
Mohit

my main aim here is getting more experience on c/c++. So please help me

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Well, for database connectivity you can use MySQL / PostgreSQL.

Just read the documentation and everything is mentioned there.

A_n_k_i_t

Something Something
Had done my final year project on C++ & DB Connectivity.

If you are using C/C++...you can use Oracle as a database...You will also need to know the concepts of Pro C.
Its helps in separating C/C++ & SQL language

Plus if you want to add graphics to you application,you can use ncurses.h & curses.h headers

Pro C Links

Click Here1

Click Here2

Click Here3

Click Here1

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
my main aim here is getting more experience on c/c++. So please help me

If your main intension is to get more hands on on C/C++, then I would recommend developing any desktop (command line / GUI) application than web application. Creating web application is very very (mind you, very) hard starting point. For web application, you might want to use Java or .Net languages.

OP
bijay_ps

bijay_ps

Broken In
Had done my final year project on C++ & DB Connectivity.

If you are using C/C++...you can use Oracle as a database...You will also need to know the concepts of Pro C.
Its helps in separating C/C++ & SQL language

Plus if you want to add graphics to you application,you can use ncurses.h & curses.h headers

Pro C Links

Click Here1

Click Here2

Click Here3

Click Here1

thnx for the links :)

If your main intension is to get more hands on on C/C++, then I would recommend developing any desktop (command line / GUI) application than web application. Creating web application is very very (mind you, very) hard starting point. For web application, you might want to use Java or .Net languages.

Hello there!! so when you say desktop application do you mean writing programs in C/C++ or something else? because I often write programs using this C language.

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
Hello there!! so when you say desktop application do you mean writing programs in C/C++ or something else? because I often write programs using this C language.

Yes, I mean writing programs using C/C++ and any desktop library for C/C++.

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
Visit The GTK+ Project and Qt - Cross-platform application and UI framework — Qt - A cross-platform application and UI framework

Top Bottom