Help in buying TV Tuner Card

dj_31277

Broken In
Hi guys,
I am desperate to buy a good n cheap TV tuner Card

Motherboard - MSI 790GX
Monitor - BenQ 22Inch E2220HD with DVI and VGA Input, Currently using DVI for PC input.

I want good picture n sound quality plus i would like to view TV on PC for long hours such as Wimbledon Matches/F1 Races.

Please suggest whether i should go for external or internal TV Tuner.
If Internal - Please suggest options
If external - Please suggest options
Budget - 2-2.5k

Thanks,
Dheeru

clmlbx

Technomancer
I would suggest external and avermedia is company you should look out for.. I already own
"Avermedia AverTv volar Go"..

Buy that or if any new version available it is small with USb connection.. just awesome.

OP
D

dj_31277

Broken In
Thanks,

But isnt the internal one much more reliable and has better quality than external? coz internal is directly connected to ur motherboard. Also i want long hours viewing. External wont get heated up or anything? and USB in particular is bound to get heated, right?

i will check out the Avermedia AverTv Volar Go on flipkart.

clmlbx

Technomancer
well I am using that and have not faced any problems with it..

there is nothing like internal is better then external..

there is another model available that connects to your monitor so you don't need to switch your pc on just to watch .. But I don't at all prefer that.. I should able to use my pc while watching so I choose usb version

OP
D

dj_31277

Broken In
Ok. Thanks a lot for replying, Just few more queries.

I am just concerned on the heating issue of the USB Device.
i would prefer to watch atleast 3-4 hours continuously. I hope it doesnt get heated up.
And i am using normal cable tv connection, quality will remain same as in TV?

The Price looks decent on Flipkart. How long you have been using it? and how many hours you watch on the go?

Thanks,
Dheeru

OP
D

dj_31277

Broken In
Just concerned on heating of the device for long viewing and quality of picture received from a normal cable connection.

prasanth11

Broken In
I would suggest external and avermedia is company you should look out for.. I already own
"Avermedia AverTv volar Go"..

Buy that or if any new version available it is small with USb connection.. just awesome.

I do own this usb Avermedia Avertv volar Go,its simple works perfectly and very neat
If you own a laptop and need to record tv its a must

For desktop look at other models of Avermedia

Regarding heating issue,it does heat up as with any usb device per say pendrive but it doest really hurt the product,infact i recorded more than 5hrs at a stretch a DTH programme on Avertv Volar go. In my case it heat up probably usb port is near the Vents of laptop so hot air from laptop heated it up considerably

Other than it,its just fine. I suggest to go for Usb avertv volar go

Top Bottom