help!? i'm buying new sparely used gaming comp but are these components good?

sota_packed

Right off the assembly line
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run?
Ans: Playing FPS & RPG games,video editing, AutoCAD, 3Ds max, maya & STAAD.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 40k

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: yes, but in the distant future

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: windows xp sp3 immediately, windows 8 and hackintosh at a later stage,

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: i have 160 GB internal and 500 GB external hard drives, so no new hard drives

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:no i don't need a monitor now

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: the above hard drives and a monitor

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: after 6Th june

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Bangalore

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: i'm buying a sparely used gaming comp from my friend and the configuration of his comp is as follows

Asus Crosshair V Formula motherboard

AMD FX 6100 Six Core Processor 14 MB Cache

CoolerMaster 700w SMPS

NZXT Guardian Gaming Cabinet

G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 RAM 8 GB

ASUS Direct CU II 1 GB Graphics , Nvidia GTX 560Ti

So are the component good for gaming? And is the above system worth 40k ??

P.S: this is my first post I might have made a few mistakes in format of the post. Please do point out the mistakes and the corrections, I will correct them.

Cheers and thanks in advance

Cilus

laborare est orare
Don't get FX6100 as it is not a good gaming CPU, in most cases beaten by the older Phenom II X4 processors.

Here is the suggestion:-

AMD Phenom II X6 1090T @ 9.5K
Gigabyte GA-970-UD3 @ 6.6K
G-skill RipjawX 4GB 1600 MHz @ 1.55K
NZXT Source 210 Elite @ 2.4K
Seasonic S12II 620 @ 4.6K
Gigabyte HD 7850 2 GB GDDR5 @ 15.2K

Total ~ 40K

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!
Instead of buying those used components, you should be better off by buying new ones which will even perform better than those used components. Config suggested by Cilus is good, except save some bucks and go for Seasonic S12II 520W instead of 620W as you will never use that much power with that config :)

OP
S

sota_packed

Right off the assembly line
Thanks for your advice guys. I thought I was getting a sweet deal but i had no idea that the components were quiet old. I was simply mesmerized by the PC cabinet and to see two graphic card running at the same time... :lol:

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Here is the suggestion:-

AMD Phenom II X6 1090T @ 9.5K
Gigabyte GA-970-UD3 @ 6.6K
G-skill RipjawX 4GB 1600 MHz @ 1.55K
NZXT Source 210 Elite @ 2.4K
Seasonic S12II 620 @ 4.6K
Gigabyte HD 7850 2 GB GDDR5 @ 15.2K

Total ~ 40K

Very good suggestion.
@OP: Just to add another option to you, You may buy Corsair GS600 @4.1K as availability of Seasonic PSUs might be a problem at some parts in India.

Top Bottom