Help from pet owners

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
We have a little pup 4-5 months old bitten in the chest area by some dog. Not a pet but lives outside the house.

For first 2-3 days it hid behind the back side of house and then I got to know about him bitten yesterday noon. Scar is quite deep and he's become thin because of not eating anything.

I applied some neosporin powder and gave him milk with pain reliever. Today at 3am went again with bowl of milk but he threw up and now not eating (sipping milk) anything. Though, sitting beside him gives an assurance that everything will be good soon.

I have gone through few more situations like these and the pet survived everytime. Once, one of the pet was not able to walk, paralysis of lower body. Doctor's said that he cannot be cured but with constant effort of family members, he walked again and was able to run like before.

But this time it's a small 4-5 months old pup.

Any advice from pet owners apart from calling a vet ?

happy17292

Ambassador of Buzz
You should call a vet asap..
My dog brucie died last yr when he was bitten by another dog on right side of his neck ;-( his mother died due to the same reason this yr (exactly 1yr after brucie died). She
Got bitten on right side of her neck). In both cases, they died due to infection in the wound.
I couldnt do anything to save them :'(

Both of them died on same date (7oct), due to same reason (wound on the right side of their neck)

T_T call a vet asap and post more info about him ;-(

Piyush

Lanaya
I'm not an owner but have been in touch with my relatives pets.

First of all, you must get the pup checked by a vet.Infection id the most critical thing to deal with when it comes to pets.
After the puppy is cured, the day-to-day affection would make him stronger :)

OP
Faun

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
I couldn't save him. Wasted critical time in government hospital. I called doctor about the timing and he told 6-9 (officially it's 4-6 buy may be because he was busy with something else, *******). On reaching at 6 there was no one at the hospital. Called doctor again and he put up excuse that he was outside doing some surgery. Few minutes later his assistant arrived. Incompetent people couldn't find his artery to put saline solution. Wasted another hour doing so. All the while he was poking needle in his leg and then repeating same thing but without any success.

After getting convinced that these incompetent people were merely wasting the time, we (me and my mom) found out the nearest private vet address and called him up. Waited for 10-15 minutes at the private vet clinic until he arrived. Put the doggie down on operating table. By that time he was already dead. I could see it as he was no longer breathing. Private doctor confirmed after a brief observation through stethoscope.

Doctor also noticed that the wound was 4-5 days old and he probably got hit by some vehicle.

Only if we went to the private doctor at first, there could have been some hope.

Felt so bad. He was pretty awesome and now no more. Took leave from office to take care of him but failed to save him.

Close this thread. If you want to save a life then go to private clinic. Government hospitals will probably make things worse with their incompetent, non-punctual staff.

kevz22

crazy techie
My pet Daschund was bitten by a street dog about 3 years ago and had a deep gaping wound on the right side of his neck. I had applied turmeric powder to act as a disinfectant and it worked pretty well and within a couple of days,the wound had healed considerably.

Sad that you couldn't save that little puppy but at the same time I'am glad that you tried your best to save him...

Top Bottom