Help for cs 1.6

hI aLL,

i am living in hostel and we are having wifi here with all the restriction like ban fb n all..My main problem is that in hostel every one play cs 1.6 by creating ad-hoc connection but i am never be able to join the game as no server is detected and if i create server than every one can see that but no one is able to join me..plz help me how to solve this problem

i am using window 7 home in dell xps 15

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Im not sure about this but click this button ` i.e the console button its next to the no 1 in the keyboard
And type slist
And you will find the server mostly

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
if your game is no-steam version, install patch v23 or 27.
or if you have steam game and your friends are playing pirated game, get the game from your friends and install/download no-steam cs 1.6

OP
A

ashishstillthere

Journeyman
if your game is no-steam version, install patch v23 or 27.
or if you have steam game and your friends are playing pirated game, get the game from your friends and install/download no-steam cs 1.6

i have copied the game directory from my counter strike playing frnd and try to connect it with him but no luck..when i am playing 1-to-1 then i can connect sometime but maximum time it wont...

what is steam game?

how to turn off firewall and i m using kaspersky so it could b possible that its blocking the connection?..

aquafusion

Journeyman
Pirated version have nothin to do with it, disable your firewall or change firewall to interactive. Then try n let us knw, check settings in your AntiVirus as well as Windows firewall

noob

Cyborg Agent
hI aLL,

i am living in hostel and we are having wifi here with all the restriction like ban fb n all..My main problem is that in hostel every one play cs 1.6 by creating ad-hoc connection but i am never be able to join the game as no server is detected and if i create server than every one can see that but no one is able to join me..plz help me how to solve this problem

i am using window 7 home in dell xps 15

Try checking the IP. Make sure everyone have similar octates. i.e 192.168.0.xxx
try installing IPX/SPX network protocol from LAN/WiFi properties.

Top Bottom