Help.FIREFOX in trouble!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

virus000

Broken In
The prob is with firefox3.It doesnt "START AT ALL" and "doesnt send the crash report to the mozilla app vendor".The actual scene is:

:arrow:My system was fine till one day i installed webgraphics which enables smileys n other stuff.Then again I installed Oracle isql in my sys.
My sys got a little slower.I suspected it to be Bcos of the webgraphics so uninstalled it.
But still slower,Then uninstalled it but a little diff..
I had AVG at that time but it didnt dpecify any virus.so now i use norton which showed W32.Sality.AE and trojan horse.
now that both are deleted,how can i uninstall firefox and reinstall???:?: or by anyways fix the firefox.??? :sad:

brshravan

Right off the assembly line
Try to launch Firefox in safe mode...
And what exactly is happening when you open firefox? Can you check whether the Firefox.exe process is running? (By checking the Task Manager)
And also check the following link... it may be useful

*www.fixya.com/support/t642953-remove_w32_sality_ae_virus_from_win2k

bornlibra23

Right off the assembly line
Hello
Do other browsers work? Especially IE? It might be a flaw in the rendering engine. I am having similar problems.
bornlibra23

Its the virus. Nothing else. The Win32.sality flavor of viruses when infected tamper with the executables. There is nothing you can do now. The virus might be gone but its effect still lingers. Look around and you might notice plenty of executables that do not work.
Reinstall firefox. Thats the only way.

The CA site says the following:
---
Sality searches local drives C:\ to Y:\ for Windows PE executable files to infect. Some variants do not infect files with a file size below 4K bytes or above 20M bytes. The virus replaces code at the entry point of the executable with its own code, and appends an encrypted copy of itself to the host file, which increases the size of the infected program. When the file is executed the virus extracts and runs the appended code, and then runs the host program code to hide its presence.
----

mrintech

Technomancer
Go for a full scan with the following softwares:

* *www.superantispyware.com/download.html
* *www.emsisoft.com/en/software/free/

Also make sure that they are updated to latest definition files and go for Full System Scan.

Else

You can always try Online Scanning. Here's the list of best Online Scanners: *mrintech.com/5-best-online-virus-scanners-you-can-use

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Go for a full scan with the following softwares:

* *www.superantispyware.com/download.html
* *www.emsisoft.com/en/software/free/

Also make sure that they are updated to latest definition files and go for Full System Scan.

Else

You can always try Online Scanning. Here's the list of best Online Scanners: *mrintech.com/5-best-online-virus-scanners-you-can-use
Stop spamming the same thing everywhere. :lol: If you want to say the same thing, say it differently. ;) :lol:

No offense though. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom