Help : Fedora Core 4 + Ubuntu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bomb

Broken In
I am currently running Fedora Core 4.Can any one tell me how to install (downgrade)gcc 3 over gcc4 ?

None of the software(tarballs) get compiled on my system (Athlon 64 2800+ 512 MB RAM).

The ./configure comand works fine but I always get errors (errors relating to some virtual constructors) while issuing the ./make command.

This used to work perfectly in Fedora Core 3.

Also is it possible to install KDE in Ubuntu 5.04? I have Ubuntu CD's and wanted to try it .But since there is no Kde I did not install it.

Can we install RPM's in Ubuntu ? Or is there some different format ? Will tarballs work ?

I use Linux for learning stuff & listen to music.Can anyone help me in choosing a single distro permanently as I have tried lots of distros and want to settle down with a single one.Currently I am fed up of Fedora Core 4 as none of the softwares get installed.

Also can anyone tell me how to install GUI for mplayer.

Please dont get angry for so many questions !!!

vignesh

Wise Old Owl
Search the forum before posting
this is for your second question.
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26093
I don`t think you can remove gcc4 since fedora core 4 was itself compiled in gcc4.

mediator

Technomancer
Yeah GCC 4 is blacklisted but Doesn't cuase any serious problems. any way u type "./configure --help" and see the option something like --disable-gcc-check!
When u compile some prog. type "./configure --disable-gcc-check".

vignesh

Wise Old Owl
I think FC4 comes also with gcc 3 since last time I installed it I saw it with a caption saying for compatability for older programs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom