Help...Computer is restarting while installing Windows XP...

Status
Not open for further replies.

debaisaindian

LOVING UBUNTU
Hi,
One of my friend's computer is restarting while installing windows XP(where F8 is required to press I Agree).....I have also tried with different Cds...

I have tried to install windows 95 and 98 SE.....both are installing n working properly.

Computer specifications are-
P III 733Mhz
128 MB SD RAM 133Mhz
20GB Segate Harddrive
LG CD-Rom

Please suggest what should be the problem???

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
debaisaindian said:
Hi,
One of my friend's computer is restarting while installing windows XP(where F8 is required to press I Agree).....I have also tried with different Cds...

I have tried to install windows 95 and 98 SE.....both are installing n working properly.

Computer specifications are-
P III 733Mhz
128 MB SD RAM 133Mhz
20GB Segate Harddrive
LG CD-Rom

Please suggest what should be the problem???

DUde u have 128MB...and u wanna run XP..even if it installs properly it will eventually restart due to less ram >>:D...i used to have problem with xp even with 192 mb ram :(

man_in_black

Broken In
vimal_mehrotra said:
D00d I have ran xp on 128mb sd ram for 2 years:D(without restart:D)

dat is quite right. its nothing to do with ram

may be :
* the media is bad (try washing it:p ).
* u r using XP (with integrated SP2) it doesn't works 4 every board. try a cd without sp2:cool:

patkim

Cyborg Agent
Try changing the CD Drive or temporarily install somebody else’s CD ROM drive & see if it works.
I had similar problem of XP installation suddenly restarting during initial ‘copying file’ DOS screen installation, and this trick (changing CD Drive)worked for me. I don’t know why but it worked.

Alternatively xcopy the entire XP CD contents to some other partition on Hard Drive and run ../I386/WINNT.EXE from there. The installation will be very very slow and will take more than 2 - 3 hours to complete, but if it works, then there would have been some issue with CD ROM drive or errors during CD ROM Read while installing from the CD

codename_romeo

Romeo + Lucifer = ME
See its not a ram problem for sure......a frends of mine used XP (@64 mb of sdram) and could play games on it(basically strategy games).....

Try a plain Win XP (ie w/o sp2)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@debaisaindian
Check Ur RAM,Keyboard, XP CD & The drive.
I think the keyboard or XP CD is faulty

swap007

Right off the assembly line
Format your partition where you want to install XP. then restore default settings from bios. And try loading the XP. REply me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom