help !!! CD RW not erasing !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhasbajpai

Asterisk enthusiast
i am having a problem with a cd rw
actuly when i was erasing a that cd rw there was a light flucation which my ups couldnt handle and my pc restarted.
from then i am havin probem with this particular cd rw disk
when i quick erase it (through Nero6) the progress bar reach to full but the time taken to erase continius to click and the drive's indicator keeps on flickring.
and system hangs the disck couldnt be ejected and forcibly reboot rhe system form power button
when i do it through xp it erases the data as reported by xp but when i reinsert it the data is present on the disk
when i full erase it after 2 minutes or so when the progress bar is on 10 % it ejects the cd and say could not erase the data.
when i try to format it through in cd nothing happens and system hangs
this disk is new and scrtchless and probably used 4 or 5 times.
this happen to this particular disk and for rest of disk cdr or rw erverything is ok so my drive and system is perfect
now my systen configration
p4 2.8 ht
OI 865GBF
512 md ddr dual channel
samsung cdrw drive
NERO 6
please can somone one tell me is there any chance to recover that disk or my rs 35 are lost (cost of the disk)

nach p

Journeyman
I think your rewritable cd is corrupted due to its usage .How many times is it used or erased ?
You can write and erase rewritable cd's but have certain limitations.After using many times it becomes unusable or starts giving problems.
Also check for scratches on the cd and also try at any other PC or Other writer to confirm.

anubhav_har

In the zone
Check for scratches.. if scratches are galore then sorry your disk is gone.. get a new one.. else try Nero 7 or Alcohol 120% to erase it...

hsnayvid

Journeyman
is it a moser baer??

I've experienced the same problem with their disc.

The second one I got has got some crc error so I can't carry big files anymore :( (not a single scratch.)

The samsung one has loads of sscratches and is older and works good.

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
o yes moser baer have compatibility issues.
i too have a samsung cd-rw and sum moser cds dont erase in my drive and erase in my friends' drives.

hsnayvid

Journeyman
ankurgupta.me said:
o yes moser baer have compatibility issues.
i too have a samsung cd-rw and sum moser cds dont erase in my drive and erase in my friends' drives.

only the rewritable ones! :?

the recordable CDs are a delight! 8)

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
I've never had any problems with Moserbaer cd-r's or cd-rw's ever. Well I guess the media must have got corrupted when the PC had restarted. That must have caused the problem. If that is the reason, cd isn't at fault.

OP
abhasbajpai

abhasbajpai

Asterisk enthusiast
its samsung media
and i have used even nero 7 and xp inbuilt utility
its nor erasing
i have also tried to write on it but
when writing reaches at 25% the writing software (nero 7 now) hangs and the drive light keeps on blinking. the drive door dosnt open even if i log of or and i hve tor restart the system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom