HELP CD-RW Broke my cd into pieces!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

naveenchandran

In the zone
HELP HELP!!!!!!!! URGENT

Today I have put an EFY cd into my CD-RW to install a software I kept pressing the Shift Key to avoid the autorun suddenly there was a blast sound!!!!!!

I switched of the system immediately. I slowly tried to open the cd tray. The cd was broken into many many small pieces!!!!!!!!!!!!

What should I do?

Does this happen sometimes??

Is it due to the laser beam??

It is around 2 years old until now I didn't face even a single problem.

few small pieces are still inside!!. Should I give it for service? or cleaning up the drive ie.. removing the peices and try again? will it work?

Has anyone experienced such a prob before?

:( :cry: :cry:

dr.death

Broken In
crack............

noy u ,the cd.the cd u put in must be having a small minor crack in the place weput finger and hold it,the crack while cd spinning is englared and finally the cd cracks intompeices .i had this problem two times,just open ur drive and shake it lightly all pieces will be out and fix the rom as it is and it will work fine :wink:

swatkat

Technomancer
This is not due to Laser of the CD Drive. But this is mainly due to the bad quality Discs or some misalignment. Surface of the Discs should be higly uniform, if it is not, then at such high RPMs, Disc would shatter due to the imbalance.

You should give the Drive for service, there is a possibility that the pieces of the disc may damage teh circuitry.

godsownman

Padawan
swatkat said:
This is not due to Laser of the CD Drive. But this is mainly due to the bad quality Discs or some misalignment. Surface of the Discs should be higly uniform, if it is not, then at such high RPMs, Disc would shatter due to the imbalance.

You should give the Drive for service, there is a possibility that the pieces of the disc may damage teh circuitry.

Recently my friend faced a similar problem and he could not have the drive repaired even though the cd broke in 4 pieces only .

They said that when CD's break the drive is not repairable.

Anyway try ur luck .

A

anurag_online

Well Well

Hey you know this is the most common thing happened in INDIA.... :lol: Even i hve faced it n lost 1 CDROM but dude this is common. it happence once to everyoen so dont get panic do what is told above i.e shake it lightly or move to vendor to get it cleaned.... Will solve ur problem 4 sure

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
well not quite as it depends on the extent of the Pieces of Disc's that have penetrated the Drive's Lens.....If The Lens has been damaged by these pieces then in no case can it be repaired but has to be fully replaced....Btw if ya know how to open the Drive and Clean the Pieces out of the drive then there's a chance of recovering the CD Drive back or else like Swatkat said it better u give it for servicing :)

Also the cause lies in the Disc and not the Drive as most of the times the discs are either too much scratched or a bit craked on the base hence rendering it to break at high Speeds access(Not always though).....my friend got the same problem but the Drive's lens was barely missed by the pieces and a Minor cleaning up did the trick :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom