Help! Cannot boot from XP or Win 98 CD

Status
Not open for further replies.

jatt

In the zone
Friends i have presario v2000.Now problem is that i can't able to boot from xp cd or 98win.But giving massage ndrl file missing.Press any key to reboot I want to ask is my hardisk safe.Please help me.I m totally confused n sending post through my nokia6600.

Last edited by a moderator:

vardesh

Right off the assembly line
Re: Please help me

ntldr missing problems can be solved by reinstalling the file in setup repair mode or just reinstalling the os .

it is not a hardware fault as such.

rgds.

OP
jatt

jatt

In the zone
Laptops harddisk problem

I have no option now.Only a cd of win2000 works.But after windows setup files message comes win setup restart but hangs here.After Hardisk self test it show hardisk is correct but now when i power on it gives message smart failure predicted on hardisk0 warning:backup data and replace hardisk.A failure may be imminent.Press F1 to continue. And its not booting by any mean i tried.Now i think hardisk is out of work.What you think frnds.

Last edited:

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
boot with xp cd, while installing xp, format "C:" drive & proceed.

ntldr missing msg comes when the pc has a "Recovery Partition", had this problem in my HP desktop, the only solution is either install the OS wch came with laptop or delete that "recovery partition" & proceed installing xp.

dhanusaud

Ambassador of Buzz
It may be optical drive problem also. . .i have faced such problem many times.

Using optional optical may solve ur problem.

OP
jatt

jatt

In the zone
solution found friends ,i have changed harddisk now it was due to harddisk failure and also my optical drive not work properly is there any tip to clean it etc.or need to change.

BTW thanks to all for help me here.

acewin

Point Blanc
well good if you found the problem, but as said earlier your system file from the partiotion where OS is there have got few files missing.

Now if you really think it is due to hard disk. Then format the partiotion where you had installed the OS and re-install OS.
If you have got another HDD and you are using that to load OS then put this faulty one making it as secondary and format the partition and use it.

dhanusaud

Ambassador of Buzz
solution found friends ,i have changed harddisk now it was due to harddisk failure and also my optical drive not work properly is there any tip to clean it etc.or need to change.

BTW thanks to all for help me here.

I recommend you to replace the optical drive with new one. anyway I am sure ur hdd is working good. if your hdd would worst then there no reason to deny your system to boot from cd/dvd.:)

OP
jatt

jatt

In the zone
frnds i checked my old drive with usb casing but nothing happen it gives only tick tick tick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom