Help: Budget Laptop under 20K (IMP: want to install Technical Writing tools)

cutemug

Broken In
Hello Guys,

Need your help & suggestions for buying a budget laptop within a month.

Just mentioning here, that I need to have/install, atleast one word editor (MS word),
atleast one screenshot editing tool (SNAG IT) and atleast one HAT(Help Authoring tool)
like Adobe Framemaker and Adobe Robohelp with me.

I would want to use these tools with less performance lag, and just normal internet browsing
so which options will you suggest and more importantly within the mentioned budget.

1) What is your budget?(INR 15-20k)
Might be able to stretch for a few thousand more :|

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
11-14" and Lightweight if available

3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook/laptop?
MS Office, Adobe Framemaker, Adobe RoboHelp, Snag IT, or any other(atleast one) Help Authoring Tool
Internet browsing, movies, music, no gaming at all.

5) Any typical configuration in your mind?
Nope

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: Dell, HP, Lenovo, Asus
b. Dislike: Acer, Toshiba

6) Anything else you would like to say?
Good battery life and more CPU power.
Need Backlit keyboard (optional)
Good display and sound

Thanks

$hadow

Geek in making
If you are not looking for portability getting a desktop might be better coz you can upgrade later but with laptop once you purchase you are limited to very little expansion.

OP
cutemug

cutemug

Broken In
If you are not looking for portability getting a desktop might be better coz you can upgrade later but with laptop once you purchase you are limited to very little expansion.

Very true, but actually I'm going to another city regarding work for at least 6 months,
so I specifically needed a laptop for the time being :(
I have a desktop at home. Hence was searching for a really low budget yet a relatively good performing laptop,
I hope there could be some optimum solution.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
*paytm.com/shop/p/lenovo-g50-80-80l...ch-dos-black-LAPLENOVO-G50-8AYUS465982007A854

18% cashback is there, grab it.

kumarmohit

Technomancer
Check the X200MA series from ASUS. If you get SSD version, you can get more storage by long term mounting a memory using the card reader. Or you can get a 1Tb HDD. I would recommend Hitachi!

Top Bottom