Help! Browsing Problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Journeyman
I am unable to browse certain sites ( Actually alot of sites ),..
Some sites just dont load. It remains at about 3% loaded ( on Opera ),.. for eg : *vray.info does not load at all.. it remains like that for a long time. Then the usual error message is displayed while other sites are just normal.

I am sharing an ADSL over a LAN. I have checked my TCP/IP settings. My DNS server settings are correct. My IP and default Gateway(the IP of the router) are correct.

My ISP requires a Proxy and I am using it.

Facing the problem on Internet Explorer 6.0 / Mozilla FireFox 1.0.3/ Opera 8.0 -- All three browsers.

My System Config : P4 2.4Ghz, 256MB DDR SD , 40GB 7200rpm HDD, AGP 4x GeForce 2 400MX 64 MB VRAM, Optical : ASUS DVD RW +,
Windows XP Professional with SP2, Firewall turned off. AVG Antivirus - free version.

digen

Youngling
Dude since when has this problem started?Just recently or its been troubling you since u got the connection?
Well dude can you ping the site with success?

Start>run>cmd

c:\ping www.thinkdigit.com

What result do you obtain?

Clear you browser cache,make sure you've entered the proxy settings for all the browsers.
And at last clear your dns cache

c:\ipconfig/flushdns after that refresh the dns entries c:\ipconfig/registerdns

OP

Journeyman
Pinging www.thinkdigit.com [130.94.75.250] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 130.94.75.250: bytes=32 time=2959ms TTL=48
Reply from 130.94.75.250: bytes=32 time=2502ms TTL=48
Reply from 130.94.75.250: bytes=32 time=1225ms TTL=48
Reply from 130.94.75.250: bytes=32 time=2786ms TTL=48

Ping Statistic for 130.94.75.250:
Packets: Sent=4, Recieved=4, Lost=0 (0% loss),
Approximate round-trip time in milliseconds:
Minimum=1225ms, Maximum=2959ms, Average=2368ms

That was when I pinged www.thinkdigit.com

I have flushed the DNS; I have cleared all my bowser cache and all proxy settings are fine. The problem still persists!

OP

Journeyman
Its an ADSL connection. I am on LAN, approximately 6 PCs on the LAN.
I get speeds varying in the range 10-22 Kbytes/s

OP

Journeyman
All the PCs on this LAN except one cannot browse many sites? I have tried all browsers now.. Include netscape..
Is it a possible virus

OP

Journeyman
Calcation --->
which configurations?
And what do you mean by DNS poisioning? that the problem is with DNS?

OP

Journeyman
People.
I have :
*Formatted and Re-installed windows XP on the server.
*Re-configured, Re-checked the LAN configurations.
*All the PC's on the LAN (total 6), are unable to browse alot of sites. ( I presume these sites are .asp sites)...
*I have re-checked my broswer settings for proxys-
*emptied browser cahce - flushed DNS,- re-registered the DNS.
*re-checked DNS Settings with my ISP - also the proxy server settings.
*I have checked the ADSL router, reset it also via software.
*I have AVG free version installed, and I have updated. No virus is detected over the network.
*I am unable to update spybot SD.
*I have run a scan for spyware with adaware.

Why am I unable to broswe all these sites? I have used 4 browsers with correct settings ( IE,Opera,FireFox,Netscape )...

I need urgent help with this, alot of work in the office is under halt due to the current problem.

mediator

Technomancer
Hmmmm! That certainly looks like DNS problem to me,
Since u can ping and can get required results, but not at browsing!
1.The problem doesnt lie in the browser!
2.Check whether the system requires static ip or or can automatically address ip!
3.Check whether the system wants DNS(IP) expicitly mentioned or can automatically configure it!

See i had the same problem in linux! But i soon figured out that i have to explicitly mention the dns(ip) coz i could ping but not browse!
So go to ur LAN IP (the one which stores ur DSL settings) and check whether u can browse it or not!
If u can browse it check the DNS settings!
Copy the ip addresses given there the primary one and the secondary one and fillthem in ur system dns record if it explicitly requires DNS!
Save the records and restart the PC! U should be be able to browse then!
Also in mozilla firefox settings click on "direct to net connection"!

D

Deleted member 5901

mediator said:
Hmmmm! That certainly looks like DNS problem to me,
Since u can ping and can get required results, but not at browsing!
1.The problem doesnt lie in the browser!
2.Check whether the system requires static ip or or can automatically address ip!
3.Check whether the system wants DNS(IP) expicitly mentioned or can automatically configure it!

See i had the same problem in linux! But i soon figured out that i have to explicitly mention the dns(ip) coz i could ping but not browse!
So go to ur LAN IP (the one which stores ur DSL settings) and check whether u can browse it or not!
If u can browse it check the DNS settings!
Copy the ip addresses given there the primary one and the secondary one and fillthem in ur system dns record if it explicitly requires DNS!
Save the records and restart the PC! U should be be able to browse then!
Also in mozilla firefox settings click on "direct to net connection"!

he is right !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom