Help!!!!!!!!!! 512 converted to 256 ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

aditya1987

Extheist
Please help me!!

Recently I got flash based mp3 player (512 MB) from chinese maker :-

*i16.ebayimg.com/01/i/07/4f/a0/b9_1_b.JPG

It was runnig very well but when I formated it, it's memory went down to 256 MB.Please someone tell me how to recover the remaining 256MB.

Waiting for you reply!!

Last edited:

h_kunte

Journeyman
Theres always a CD which u get with the flash player...The CD has a utility for formatting da disk....And the filesystem used is dufferent, so u HAVE to use da software provided by the manufacturer...Try to procure it aditya & format ur flash drive using it...

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
aditya1987 said:
Please help me!!

Recently I got flash based mp3 player (512 MB) from chinese maker :-

*i16.ebayimg.com/01/i/07/4f/a0/b9_1_b.JPG

It was runnig very well but when I formated it, it's memory went down to 256 MB.Please someone tell me how to recover the remaining 256MB.

Waiting for you reply!!

U have the answer....see BOLD words

Do not trust these chinese makers without any repu.....they make cheap stuff..
If its NEW then y not get it replaced....

rag_kak

Right off the assembly line
even i got the same thing and have the same problem with that player.
these players are formatted by the manufacturer and the memory is compressed so when you re-format it it reduces to half
so i will suggest you not to do any thing to your player and enjoy 256 mb as you can end up destroying that too
also see "*www.s1mp3.org"

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Earlier there was a thread similar to this. Actually cheap ones only has half or even less capacity and shows a big value by flashing it or some other s/w means. If u dun have formatted also u couldn't use the mem greater than the real one nd trying to use them causes s/w problems nd we try to formatt it nd the truth comes out. Its same with all cheap flash based MP3s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom