Hellp Needed to build a monster PC

afzaalace

Right off the assembly line
I want to build a monster PC around ASUS Crosshair IV Extreme and AMD + Designer Cabinets and Geeky Keyboard

1. What is the purpose of the computer? (Note: If you are planning to say multimedia, you will have to be more specific as all types of systems are capable of doing that)
A: Extreme 3D
2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why?
A: Yes
3. What is your MAX budget?
A: It would be best if I get something around 80K but I am open for Configs upto 120K
4. Planning to overclock?
A: No.
5. Which OS are you planning to use?
A: Win/Linux
6. How much hard drive space is needed?
A: 2TB
7. What resolution will the screen run at & whats the size of the screen you want?
A: Dual Monitor total around 40'
8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest)
A: 10
9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
A: I'll assemble it
10. When are you planning to buy the system?
A: The next day but still can wait till January End if something really huge is expected in the market.
11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?
A: Yes
12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.
A:
13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?
A: Lucknow->Delhi->Mumbai
14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary
A: ASUS Crosshair iv Extreme on AMD is the neccessity I am open to multiconfigurations and also if some nice product is expected in the near future to wait for..

rajan1311

Padawan
i am not sure,but i have not seen any fire breathing cabinets, so i doubt you can get a "monster" ;)

but why did you choose AMD? you already got the board?

OP
A

afzaalace

Ya, I have got the Mobo, a complimentary one.. So I am bound to go for AMD. and build a so called monster.. By the way I would mod the Cabby and make some space for gasoline for the fire.. :C_lolwink:

I can wait for Radeon 6x but still can someone suggest some configs available at present..

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
AMD rig for that price, that too for 3D (Define extreme "3D", pure processing or just to watch stuff in 3D)? On an AMD ROG board?

If its a yes then there's really not much to add on it as you're being a fanboy and prefer to waste cash on it. You could keep an eye on 980x and check out x58a-ud3r/asus sabertooth/asus ROG board. Besides, you are not going to overclock so other than drooling over the blacks and the reds on the board what's the point spending so much on an ROG board? Even a rev 2.2 version of 785GMT-UD2H or a 890g board is adequate.

OP
A

afzaalace

Hey Man, Its a complimentary board.. Talk about things that can be used with the board , not recommending other boards.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
I would sell it if I were you. Even if its free, you are going to spend money to use other components over it. Taking the small hassle to sell it off and something from intel's side makes a lot of difference in long term, especially for that sheer performance.

But if you're not planning to spend all hell-and-glory-OMGWTFBBQ style, Get some hexacore and rams, deal with it but don't spend too much money. A pc is a tool at the end of day.

toad_frog09

Swimming, eh??
As the moderators keep deleting my posts for the fun of it (2 posts fom this thread) and nobody hasn't still suggested your future over priced under performing rig, this is what i'l suggest.
AMD 1090T @ 14K
2 x AMD MSI 5970HD @70K
2 x BenQ G2220 @15K
Gskill or Corsair 4 x 2 GBS @10K
Corsair AX1200 @17K
Rest the crap of your choice @ whaever.
@sorcerer, Jaz - just give what the he needs .

pegasus

Journeyman
X6 1090T
2x HD5850/5870
2 units of 2x2GB DDR3 low latency RAM kit
1x 60GB/120GB SSD
1x 2TB HDD
Corsair HX1000/Corsair AX1200
NZXT Phantom/Corsair Obsidian 800D
Corsair H70 cpu cooler

Top Bottom