Hehe.!Got Vista Business for free.!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shady_inc

Pee into the Wind...
:p There was this Techfest at IIT-Bombay and they were giving away a package of genuine copy of Vista Business,XP professional and MS software.[Expression Web,MS Robotics,Visual Studio 08 and XNA] to groups of 5 students on basis of their College IDs.The activation keys will be sent via e-mail on or before Feb 3rd.
So will it be wise to wait till then or install Vista 30-day trial and and activate when I receive the keys.?It tells something about potential data loss when I try to activate it without the key.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
yup, mine college was also provided with some VLK for Vista,

But am happy with Ubuntu and XP :D

OP
shady_inc

shady_inc

Pee into the Wind...
Ok I will Wait for the keys.

@T159: I just want to see what the hype surrounding vista is all about.I am not installing it over XP so that in case I mess up something, I can always revert back to the solid Ubuntu+XP combination:D

OP
shady_inc

shady_inc

Pee into the Wind...
Alright so after 2 hours of waiting and MS still showing no signs of sending the keys, I finally went ahead and installed the 30-day trial.!:D .It's pretty good IMO.Now, I wanted to know whether installing the exes I downloaded for XP will work in Vista too.?

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Alright so after 2 hours of waiting and MS still showing no signs of sending the keys, I finally went ahead and installed the 30-day trial.!:D .It's pretty good IMO.Now, I wanted to know whether installing the exes I downloaded for XP will work in Vista too.?
20% success rate

get Vista exclusive softwares

praka123

left this forum longback
^In US&EU,even Desktops(majority are branded) are bundled with this cr@p!what they will do?

OP
shady_inc

shady_inc

Pee into the Wind...
^^Even in India too.I daily see those ads of Acer and Sahara and other such companies bundling Vista home basic as the OS and proudly labelling their PCs as "Vista Ready".:lol:As if making their PCs Vista Ready is their sole aim in life.:lol:

amol48

Searching...
Oh no.. My friend was thinking of going for that Techfeast and I myself asked him to drop that plan (as we were going for a trip !! )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom