Heat Sink retainer bracket

*s18.postimage.org/x1gjp03sp/KGr_Hq_UOKjk_E3_Fulvk7_BOJz_CU_hhg_12.jpg

processor : AMD Phenom II x4 945
socket : AM3
motherboard : ASUS M4A785-TM

issue:
during a routine clean up of the heat sink i broke one of the two plastic clips of the heat sink retainer bracket. to be precise the one to which the pushdown hook clips to .

looking for:
so ideally i would only want to replace the plastic retainer bracket that is screwed to my motherboard .
But since the stock heat sink isn't much good anyway , i can consider replacing the entire heatsink , but will a retainer bracket be provided in that case ?

constraints :
1)i do not want to spend more than Rs 1.5K for the entire thing.
2)i am from kolkata , but i am open to online shopping , if it is reliable.

extras:
1)if possible i would want to move away from the whole push clip thing, and have the bolt down version.
2) i will prefer reputed brands .

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
get this from here ;-)
Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO Cooler | Cooler | Flipkart.com

It's the best you can get @ Rs. 1.5k

OP
D

daemonix

blitz
@ topgear , that is exactly what i have in mind , but does this require the heat sink retainer bracket ?
if so , isit provided with the heatsink ?

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Retention brackets are generally provided with heatsink. Although I don't know whether it is provided with TX3 or not as I never used TX3.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
for AMD cpus TX3 and TX3 Evo does not need any kind of retention bracket ( will use the one provided with mobo ) - so you better get the Hyper 212 Evo.

OP
D

daemonix

blitz
for AMD cpus TX3 and TX3 Evo does not need any kind of retention bracket ( will use the one provided with mobo ) - so you better get the Hyper 212 Evo.

welll you see , if u have read my post , i BROKE THE ONE that comes with my motherboard .. the picture i posted is of the retainer bracket that is screwed into the motherboard .. now all i need to know is where tx3 comes with some sort of plastic clips so that it can be screwed directly to the board

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ like I said on the previosu post TX3 can't be screwed/bolted directly into the mobo - it needs the mobos stock retention bracket for AMD cpus - only Hyper 212 + / Evo comes with back plate hence it can be mounted without the need of mobo retention bracket.

Top Bottom