HDMI query

patkim

Cyborg Agent
I somehow find HDMI a bit confusing!!
I am planning to upgrade to new system n shortlisted a few Mobos having HDMI out. e,g, Gigabyte 880G based mobos.
My query is that once I hook up my LCD TV as monitor with HDMI port on mobo, what happens to the audio out from the PC. Does the ananlog audio out gets disabled and I shall hear sound thru the TV?
Is it possible to use HDMI only for video display and continue to use the exisiting multimedia speakers connected to the sound card output?

khmadhu

change is constant!!
if u r HDMI and audio port both are on the same mobo, then you can get sound in both.

analog audio out doesn't get disabled.

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Is it possible to use HDMI only for video display and continue to use the exisiting multimedia speakers connected to the sound card output?
yes, completely possible. :) Have a look at this screenshot:

*i.imgur.com/N99O7.png

This AMD HDMI port is on my graphic card. :)

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
My query is that once I hook up my LCD TV as monitor with HDMI port on mobo, what happens to the audio out from the PC. Does the ananlog audio out gets disabled and I shall hear sound thru the TV?
the screen posted by ico above is informative...
the analog audio doesn't get disabled..

yes...I use both HDMI (for video) & analog audio..:grin:

vicedens2002

Broken In
If you totally don't use the HDMI audio. Try to disable it, so that softwares won't get confused on seeing different output devices.

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
When I hooked up my TV to my graphics card via HDMI, I could use only one output, either the one on the mobo or through graphics card in the TV. I couldn't use both simultaneously although I could choose which one I wanted to use.
So in a way, the analog port does get disabled when HDMI is connected, although it is possible to enable it.

Top Bottom