HDMI Cable

chris

In the zone
I need to connect

SAPPHIRE HD 5670 512MB GDDR5 PCIE VGA

To my monitor

BenQ v2410 LED, which have HDMI 1.3.

Can i use the cable Amazon.in: Buy HDMI TO HDMI CABLE Online at Low Prices in India | HDMI Computer Reviews & Ratings ?

I am replacing the cable because i do plan to get a new GPU and most new GPU need HDMI or DVI, HDMI is the way to go ?

baiju

Ambassador of Buzz
The image shown in the link is that of vga to hdmi which won't work. You need hdmi to hdmi cable. Any cheap hdmi cable will work, but branded ones are recommended.

OP
C

chris

In the zone
Thanks baiju. Hope this one will work

Amazon.in: Buy Belkin F3Y021bf2M 2 Meter High Speed HDMI Cable with Ethernet (Black) Online at Low Prices in India | Belkin Reviews & Ratings

HDMI 1.3 - hope the 1.3 won't make much difference.

baiju

Ambassador of Buzz
The belkin cable is good. I have a 3 feet cable. I just bought 2 meter Sony hdmi cable from ebay Original Sony Hdmi TO Hdmi Cable 2 Meter FOR LED LCD Plasma TV Blueray DVD Playr | eBay

OP
C

chris

In the zone
The belkin cable is good. I have a 3 feet cable. I just bought 2 meter Sony hdmi cable from ebay Original Sony Hdmi TO Hdmi Cable 2 Meter FOR LED LCD Plasma TV Blueray DVD Playr | eBay

Thank you, placed order on ebay :)

baiju

Ambassador of Buzz
I received the cable and it is working fine. Good build quality. It is flat cable. I'm not sure if it is original Sony, it has some holograms, but all the descriptions are in chinese. Mostly these are imported from China at cheap price.

OP
C

chris

In the zone
I have a problem with this cable. When there is electrical disturbance, for example USP relay change, the monitor go black for a second (like switched off) and turn on back. May be i need to change the cable routing, so it pick up less electrical disturbance. This rarely happens, but when it happen it is annoying.

baiju

Ambassador of Buzz
Check the PC for proper earth. It can happen if there is leakage current in the PC body

OP
C

chris

In the zone
Grave digging old thread to update.

Last 2 years i lived with this cable. Put a 2nd earth to solve the problem (monitor go off when switch turned on/electrical interference). I was even thinking of getting electrician last day to rewrite thinking it is a wiring problem.

I did even contacted local PC support, they said they can't fix as they them self face the problem..

Last day i ordered cable

Amazon.in: Buy AmazonBasics HL-007304 High-Speed HDMI Cable, 3 Feet Online at Low Prices in India | AmazonBasics Reviews & Rating

This solved the problem.

Unlike previous cable, this is very short, coaxial cable, other was flat cable. Length is just fine for connecting my PC and monitor.

Top Bottom