HDFC hacked, bank claims vulnerabilities fixed

OP
socrates

socrates

In the zone
This Vuln was out long time back, HDFC never accepted it. :)

Sadly News is out now.

Really? I highly doubt that. ;)

I believe it & I can say from personal experience that this bank is quite confident/arrogant/conceited when a even customer brings out bugs in their system. I had done so once & they from manager to some system guy (he claimed ) refused to accept, then I had to write to the CEO & they made the changes ONLY for me AND that too only one part of what I had said the other part I presume is still that way (I never use that option). lol :D & expected me to be impressed. The other pvt bank will refuse to accept any bug but will quietly test & make changes where required. :)

OP
socrates

socrates

In the zone
Only difference between the two is one pretends to be smart/knowledgeable while the other does not even know how to do that. :D

I believe it & I can say from personal experience that this bank is quite confident/arrogant/conceited when a even customer brings out bugs in their system. I had done so once & they from manager to some system guy (he claimed ) refused to accept, then I had to write to the CEO & they made the changes ONLY for me AND that too only one part of what I had said the other part I presume is still that way (I never use that option). lol :D & expected me to be impressed. The other pvt bank will refuse to accept any bug but will quietly test & make changes where required. :)

That's the problem with almost everything (politicians, banks, companies and governmental organizations) in India. We are extremely proud and arrogant; ever-ready to offer our superior expertise and advice others how to go about but one small suggestion or criticism is labelled as defamation.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
That is how most Indian companies work, even if they are owned by an offshore MNC. Indians by nature are arrogant and stuck up. Once they get a seat of power (or position) -- they refuse to take feedback and shove all suggestions down the drain. Customer centricity are just words in a manual for them. They never worry the plight of others and love to gloat and enjoy inside their egoistic auras when people beg them for a change or transaction. Be it the idiots accepting request change forms for address at Vodaphone or a two-bit guard standing at a bank door. They all like to assert their power.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
That is how most Indian companies work, even if they are owned by an offshore MNC. Indians by nature are arrogant and stuck up. Once they get a seat of power (or position) -- they refuse to take feedback and shove all suggestions down the drain. Customer centricity are just words in a manual for them. They never worry the plight of others and love to gloat and enjoy inside their egoistic auras when people beg them for a change or transaction. Be it the idiots accepting request change forms for address at Vodaphone or a two-bit guard standing at a bank door. They all like to assert their power.

Very true, but we should understand that, being an arrogant won't take us/that person anywhere. Everyone should be open to take any suggestion as those suggestions are good for them in most of the cases. But may eb its an ego factor working up there. :unsure:

Top Bottom