HDD Price gone down?

jkultimate

GAMING IS NOT A CRIME
I've heard HDD prices gone down.... is it true?

Yesterday one friend contacted me, that he is selling his 320 GB LG HDD for 2.6k

Is this a bad deal? Can I get 500 gb HDD for 2.6+1k, 3.6K???

delhiuser

Broken In
Yeah it's true. The price of HDD has been reduced. 500GB of WD HDD cost Rs3400 in Nehru place.

i bought a seagate 1TB hard disk for 2.7K+200(vat) before the thailand flood..

Probably we might not see that level of pricing, coz forex rate changed in recent times significantly.

I've heard HDD prices gone down.... is it true?

Yesterday one friend contacted me, that he is selling his 320 GB LG HDD for 2.6k

Is this a bad deal? Can I get 500 gb HDD for 2.6+1k, 3.6K???

Better to purchase WD 500GB. 2yr warranty for internal drive. Blue & black model are good, avoid green if possible.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Price have gone down upto some extend, but nowhere near to the price before Thiland flood.
500GB @3.4K
1TB @4.4K
Good 1TB @4.8K

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
finally 1TB externals coming under 5, that shows the prices have come down.

No it haven't. That ebay offer was a separate one.

About that ebay link: Contact seller and ask whether he will provide VAT invoice or not.

silicon_fusion

Journeyman
@d6bmg : but y u need VAT invoice?
Also on delta page for same hdd price is 5150.So its hardly a difference of 150 bucks.
*www.deltapage.com/list/index.html

gameranand

Living to Play
Well before thailand floods exchange rates were also lower. As for now its like difference of like ₹10 which is a significant change. So in a way prices are down but the exchange rates are keeping them up.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^are you sure?as far as i know only thing that matters is the serial no.i know for a fact that if you buy seagate from any 3rd party in nehru place,delhi(i.e.except fortune marketing,the main seagate distributor there) & after a month or so enter serial online on seagate website to know remaining warranty status it will not show warranty from the date of your purchase but always from an earlier date(the date on which fortune marketing supplied hdd to the shop from where it was purchased) & importer as fortune marketing.it does not matter even if you have never registered your hdd serial because as soon as a hdd is sold/shipped from fortune marketing its serial no. is entered into the seagate database as sold & warranty starts from that date itself.no further proof is necessary to claim warranty.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
In case of Seagate, you need to produce xerox copy of the bill along with online registration number to the service center.
Have no idea about its need in case of WD.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
this is the 1st time i am hearing about a requirement of xerox bill for claiming warranty on internal hard disk(online as well as in real world).very few people safely preserve their years old bills so by this logic almost 90% of people wouldn't be able to claim warranty on their hdd after a year which is certainly not the case.like i said as soon as a hard disk is shipped from fortune marketing it is marked as sold in seagate database with warranty starting from that date.there is no need of bill because seagate already knows the selling date of hard disk.

acewin

Point Blanc
In case of Seagate, you need to produce xerox copy of the bill along with online registration number to the service center.
Have no idea about its need in case of WD.

was not aware of that, it happened differently for me.
I did not show any bill copy when I RMAed my GoFlex

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
seems like now-a-days kolkata is the exception case no matter what the matter is(first gigabyte issue of topgear & now the bill requirement for hdd rma). :p

Top Bottom