HDD not being read,please save my data anyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

lovedonator

Ambassador of Buzz
Hey guys,I've just now have a fu**ing great problem. My old Desktop went kaput about a month ago which had 2 HDDs. A 6 year old 250 GB(with the OS on it) and a year old Seagate Barracuda 1 TB(with my movies,music,games and software setup on it). So I took out my 1 TB HDD and hooked it up to my Dell XPS 15 laptop using a SATA to USB adapter. This setup was working fine till last night but today when I connected my HDD to the Laptop only one of the 4 partitions is showing up and I'm getting 3 messages 'You need to format the disk in the drive before you can use it' for the rest of the three partitions. I have always safely removed my HDD and I can't think why this is happening. Please salvage my Data and if you can the HDD to. :-(

EDIT: Went to a friend's house,connected my Hard Disk to his Desktop using proper SATA cables,functioned properly. Going to take a backup on external HDD. God,I nearly went insane. Mods please close this thread.

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
This thing is common with such cheap Sata-USB casings - next time use some pricey branded Sata-USB enclosure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom