HD5570 and M2N68 AM+ mobo

bcdxer

Broken In
Just i have ordered HD5570 via flipkart.
My mobo is M2N68 AM+ which have PCI e v1.0 interface...But HD5570 has PCI Express 2.1 x16
*in.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD_AM2Plus/M2N68AM_PLUS/
PowerColor AMD/ATI Radeon HD5570 1 GB DDR3 Graphics Card | Graphics Card | Flipkart.com

can i face any issue when installing garphics card?
please advice...

My system config is given in my signature...

saswat23

Human Spambot
You wont face any problems. All PCIe devices are backwards compatible with old versions.
HD 5570 will downgrade and run at X16 1.0 speed.

OP
B

bcdxer

Broken In
some one advice me that "PCIE 2.1 will not work with PCIE 1.0 boards, but 1.0 cards will work on 2.1 boards"

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
some older nforce chips have issue with pci-e 2.1 gfx cards but a bios update should fix this though.

OP
B

bcdxer

Broken In
If not supported due to said issue.. what can i do?
Recommend good AM3 mobo to support HD5570......

some older nforce chips have issue with pci-e 2.1 gfx cards but a bios update should fix this though.

i have latest bios............
Can i try a modded bios available in *forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/16186-Asus-m2n68-am-plus-modded-bios-with-asus-slic-2-1?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ no need to try any moded bios - the last version of the official bios should work fine but if not we can think about any other alternative solution.

saswat23

Human Spambot
Yup, first try updating BIOS. If it doesn't help only then go for a new mobo. Else no need to spend for a new one.

OP
B

bcdxer

Broken In
HD5570 is not working with my mobo ASUS M2N68AM+.....no display.......
tired after several attempts....
Today i got for Asus M5A78L-M-LX for 2.9k with VAT...
I have no expereince on replacing motherboard..However i did cabinet change last week without adding anything new...
Is there anything need to be followed during mobo change?
i am scared of jumper settings...
please advice....

saswat23

Human Spambot
First of all you have to get new DDR3 RAM as its an DDR3 mobo. Get corsair 4GB DDR3 stick for 1.3k.
Well just take out your old mobo, asus provides a Q-Connector, so connect all system power, HDD and reset cables to it and connect it to mobo.
Also take out your HSF, clean the TIM applied. Get a new TIM like CM Thermal Fusion-400 for 500bucks and apply while placing the HSF on the processor.
If you have any doubts, watch some youtube videos on assembling a PC. Also there is an incomplete assembling thread in 'Draft' section, it has link to a good assembling video. Watch it.

You can sell your 3GB DDR2 RAM+Mobo+8400GS for around 3.5k easily too.

saswat23

Human Spambot
No need of any jumper settings.
Just mount the processor, RAM and graphics card in their repective slot/ports. Connect PSU cables properly, that's it.

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
I think the Motherboard manual which came with the motherboard will help you a lot. Almost all the cables are coded, and can be attached to the mobo in only one way. The manual has a layout diagram of the motherboard.

OP
B

bcdxer

Broken In
Don't change position of any jumper!

i will attempt shortly.........

just an hour before, i made a last attempt to try HD5570 with my existing mobo.....after removing existing gfx driver files
it works now....unbelievable
Now i am in mess...what i will do with new mobo M5A78L-M-LX....

Top Bottom