HD 7870 OC 2GB or VAPOR-X HD 7950 OC

Risspartan117

Broken In
I'm torn between these two cards. My prior plans were to go for the 7870, but apparently 7950 is also affordable.
I'm no hardcore gamer, but I wanna play games in full HD 1080p in High/Ultra settings on a single monitor. If I go for the 7950, it's gonna be heavy on my budget, and also would force me to compromise on other not so important parts, like the accessories and the RAM etc.
I just want the game to be playable. I mean, 30 fps is perfectly okay for me. Is it worth spending the extra bucks for a 7950 or would a 7870 suffice?

Cilus

laborare est orare
HD 7950 VAPOR-X is a real good card and if you can afford it, go with it. Otherwise, get HD Sapphire HD 7870 XT which is basically a stripped down HD 7950, Currently it is available at Kolkata @ 16.4K + 4% Tax and it performs almost close to the HD 7950 normal edition (without Boost BOS). Also it can be overclocked to good extent for gaining some extra performance.

the1337est

Hardcore Gamer
HD 7950 VAPOR-X is a real good card and if you can afford it, go with it. Otherwise, get HD Sapphire HD 7870 XT which is basically a stripped down HD 7950, Currently it is available at Kolkata @ 16.4K + 4% Tax and it performs almost close to the HD 7950 normal edition (without Boost BOS). Also it can be overclocked to good extent for gaining some extra performance.

+1. If you can get a HD7870 XT.

OP
R

Risspartan117

Broken In
Get HD7950 ONLY if that doesn't require you to compromise on CPU, motherboard, ram quality, psu and cabinet.

Yup. I'm not changing my mobo, PSU nor CPU. I'm going for a Corsair Vengeance 4GB RAM instead of 8. That give around 2k extra. I'll get a cheaper keyboard and mouse for now and upgrade next month. :)
I actually asked for cabinet here, and people are suggesting I go for Corsair 400R. What do you think?

Yup. I'm not changing my mobo, PSU nor CPU. I'm going for a Corsair Vengeance 4GB RAM instead of 8. That give around 2k extra. I'll get a cheaper keyboard and mouse for now and upgrade next month. :)
I actually asked for cabinet here, and people are suggesting I go for Corsair 400R. What do you think?
> replace it with members, it kinda hurts me :)

> Cabinet's choice is a bit subjective. 400R is definitely a very (very very) good cabinet in all terms except looks (this is subjective). For me, it looks good, but want some badass stuff. How is 400R for you looks wise? You can add led fans to it for cool looks.

OP
R

Risspartan117

Broken In
My bad, "MEMBERS".
Honestly, I hate the look. But they're right in saying that in a couple of months, looks wouldn't matter to me if the cabinet can't perform. The thing is, I dont think that Lexa S is spacious enough for 7950.

My bad, "MEMBERS".
Honestly, I hate the look. But they're right in saying that in a couple of months, looks wouldn't matter to me if the cabinet can't perform. The thing is, I dont think that Lexa S is spacious enough for 7950.
One more thing I didn't notice is the lack of USB 3.0 port in lexaS which has been mentioned previously.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
the LExa S does not have front usb 3.

and it is quite capable of housing a 7950.

but the 400R has front usb3.

NiGHtfUrY

Journeyman
another option is cooler master haf 912 (with usb 3.0,with side window )
I bought this cabby last month for 4.6k,looks Awesome ! ,is spacious will easily fit a 7950 and is cheaper than 400r.

Top Bottom