HD 6850 troubleshooting

CarlonSamuels

Journeyman
Hi Guys
So my problem started today morning i switched on my PC to play some game and all my fps seem to have dropped
Blacklight Retribution-Used to get 75-80fps now i get 40 max
CoD Black Ops-used to get 80-100 now i get 30 to 50
GTA 4 -50 avg now getting 26-30
Prototype 2 -was getting avg 50 fps now am getting 25fps

Please does anyone know what the problem is
I have a MSI R6850 Cyclone/Power Edition OC to 900/1120
Do i have to RMA my card Does anyone know the procedure
Drivers are upto date
I checked no cables are loose or anyhthing

I play on resolutions like 1440x1050 or 1280x1024

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
Thats strange. Did you change the settings? I mean did you max out those games or increase the settings later? That might be the reason for the drop in fps.

If not then:-
1.)check whether you have accidentally underclocked the card or not.
2.) Try resetting to factory settings and monitor game's fps.
3.) Monitor the temperatures of the GPU
4.) If all else fails,reset to factory settings and reinstall the catalyst drivers(the latest one).

BTW I have the same card and usually I used to get 28-45 fps in gta 4(@1080p). very poorly optimised game. Don't remember the other game's fps though.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
use Hwinfo .. run the sensor module at the background .. play some game like CoD BO for 1 hour - post a screenshot of the HWinfo sensor window.

Anyway, if you are facing the issue after updating to the new drivers .. consider reverting back to old driver version - and use driver sweeper while uninstalling drivers ... sometime old drivers perform better than newer ones and make sure you have the most recent DX runtime package .

OP
CarlonSamuels

CarlonSamuels

Journeyman
Thats strange. Did you change the settings? I mean did you max out those games or increase the settings later? That might be the reason for the drop in fps.

If not then:-
1.)check whether you have accidentally underclocked the card or not.
2.) Try resetting to factory settings and monitor game's fps.
3.) Monitor the temperatures of the GPU
4.) If all else fails,reset to factory settings and reinstall the catalyst drivers(the latest one).

BTW I have the same card and usually I used to get 28-45 fps in gta 4(@1080p). very poorly optimised game. Don't remember the other game's fps though.

No i did not change the settings for any game
Temps are normal 43-45 idle and 61 on load,thats normal
No stock clocks are 775/1000 I have 900/1120
Even after reducing the textures in black ops i am getting no change in fps

use Hwinfo .. run the sensor module at the background .. play some game like CoD BO for 1 hour - post a screenshot of the HWinfo sensor window.

Anyway, if you are facing the issue after updating to the new drivers .. consider reverting back to old driver version - and use driver sweeper while uninstalling drivers ... sometime old drivers perform better than newer ones and make sure you have the most recent DX runtime package .
No i am running the latest drivers(12.8,15/8/12) for the past months and it was running
perfectly

Untitled.jpg

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
the gpu part of the hwinfo looks normal ..

now can you post the upper half portion of the the hwinfo screen - it has infos like cpu speed / cpu fan speed / cpu vcore/ cpu temp etc. lags in games can also occur due to cpu overheating.

OP
CarlonSamuels

CarlonSamuels

Journeyman
cs.jpgokay here it is

Is this a case of my CPU for some reason bottlenecking my GFX because i see no change in frames even after setting all details to lowest

And if there is some problem and i need to RMA what should i mention as the reason for RMA

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
^ That should not be an issue since my cpu is far less powerful than yours. But there is no significant bottlenecking of the gpu. We both have the same GPU.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
View attachment 7384okay here it is

Is this a case of my CPU for some reason bottlenecking my GFX because i see no change in frames even after setting all details to lowest

And if there is some problem and i need to RMA what should i mention as the reason for RMA

no .. your cpu is powerful enough to handle even 2x cards in Cf and the temp is also ok .. before go through RMA process format yur OS partition .. do a clean installation of windows .. update it and install all updated drivers .. cheek your HDD for bad sectors and also test ram modules just to be sure everything else is ok .. and as of now try running the cpu with 4 cores only.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
you need to go the Authorized service center of your product manufacturers or else contact the distributor or the shop from which you have bought the product.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Contact FK .. they should let you know the address of the proper service center or else look at the box pack and see who's the distributor.

Top Bottom